PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my weight

GeneralWorrier
12-29-2013, 01:40 PM
I've been so anxious and poorly recently I haven't been eating very well. I'm 17, currently weigh 121lbs and I'm 5ft 9" should I be worried?

I've had to completely buy out a new wardrobe and all my clothes are sizes 8 or below. When I try and eat a big meal it takes me ages, it took me an hour to eat a sandwich today and I'm feeling a little worried about it now. My teachers have also noticed at sixth form, I think they're getting worried too, what should I do?

kris123
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
I've been so anxious and poorly recently I haven't been eating very well. I'm 17, currently weigh 121lbs and I'm 5ft 9" should I be worried? I've had to completely buy out a new wardrobe and all my clothes are sizes 8 or below. When I try and eat a big meal it takes me ages, it took me an hour to eat a sandwich today and I'm feeling a little worried about it now. My teachers have also noticed at sixth form, I think they're getting worried too, what should I do? you mentioned before about your teachers noticing a change in you. Have you considered reaching out to one of them, someone you feel especially connected to? Is there a guidance councillor or school nurse at your school that you could talk to? As for the weight loss, I'm in the same boat. My appetite sucks, I don't enjoy it like I used to. For my, it's eating because I have to....there's no enjoyment in it.

GeneralWorrier
12-29-2013, 02:40 PM
you mentioned before about your teachers noticing a change in you. Have you considered reaching out to one of them, someone you feel especially connected to? Is there a guidance councillor or school nurse at your school that you could talk to? As for the weight loss, I'm in the same boat. My appetite sucks, I don't enjoy it like I used to. For my, it's eating because I have to....there's no enjoyment in it.

I would but I don't want a massive fuss made over me, they don't know about my anxiety, my mum does but she doesn't support me and I don't want school trying to convince her because it would just make the situation worse.

It's horrible isn't it, I've lost 51 pounds in 5 weeks it's awful. I'm never hungry any more I feel sick as soon as I come to eat. I totally agree no enjoyment at all, I eat because I have to as well. It's more like a chore than anything else!

BlessedMom
12-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I've been so anxious and poorly recently I haven't been eating very well. I'm 17, currently weigh 121lbs and I'm 5ft 9" should I be worried?

I've had to completely buy out a new wardrobe and all my clothes are sizes 8 or below. When I try and eat a big meal it takes me ages, it took me an hour to eat a sandwich today and I'm feeling a little worried about it now. My teachers have also noticed at sixth form, I think they're getting worried too, what should I do?

If you calculate your bmi its at 17.9 or in the 10th percentile, its still in the "healthy range" and I wouldn't be concerned about it, I'm 18.1 bmi , but if you are losing weight rapidly you should consider a consult with your doctor. There are days I feel like I'm force feeding myself too, but I just make sure that what I do eat is good for me ;) Veggies, fruit etc. Even a boiled egg is better than no food.

GeneralWorrier
12-29-2013, 04:31 PM
If you calculate your bmi its at 17.9 or in the 10th percentile, its still in the "healthy range" and I wouldn't be concerned about it, I'm 18.1 bmi , but if you are losing weight rapidly you should consider a consult with your doctor. There are days I feel like I'm force feeding myself too, but I just make sure that what I do eat is good for me ;) Veggies, fruit etc. Even a boiled egg is better than no food.

I've been to my consultant and she says it's a mix of both anxiety and the fact I'm poorly but I didn't think if lose it as quick as I have! I force myself to have at least 1 meal a day but sometimes I even struggle with that. I just find it so hard to keep everything down! Yeah I try to eat good too but I'm happy with anything I manage to eat :)