PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss and appetite.

kris123
12-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I've lost about 9-10lbs in the last month. My appetite sucks, but I try to eat. It's just that nothing appeals to me, nothing tastes good. I know I'm not getting proper nutrition right now so today I started taking a multi vitamin. Anyone else out there still having issues with appetite and weight loss? I weighed myself today...114 lbs. I can't remember the last time I was this small. Is it the citalopram? Is it the anxiety?or is it a combo of both?

jessed03
12-29-2013, 11:53 AM
How tall K?

Enduronman
12-29-2013, 11:56 AM
IMHO: Both..BUT, usually people complain of weight gain while taking most AD's in the long term. So, yes, you've gotta get this appetite back before that vitamin will even work friend. Certain vitamins are water soluable, certain ones are fat soluable, no fat, no vitamin usage.

You should get some of those "meal replacement shakes" until your appetite returns. They have many different ones, and flavors too. They'll also provide you with about 300 or so calories, fats, proteins, carbs, and even some vitamins too...

You'll level out, it's only been a couple weeks since your new meds I think??..:)

kris123
12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
How tall K? about 5ft 3in.

kris123
12-29-2013, 12:06 PM
IMHO: Both..BUT, usually people complain of weight gain while taking most AD's in the long term. So, yes, you've gotta get this appetite back before that vitamin will even work friend. Certain vitamins are water soluable, certain ones are fat soluable, no fat, no vitamin usage. You should get some of those "meal replacement shakes" until your appetite returns. They have many different ones, and flavors too. They'll also provide you with about 300 or so calories, fats, proteins, carbs, and even some vitamins too... You'll level out, it's only been a couple weeks since your new meds I think??..:) good idea. I should definitely get myself some of those.. And yeah, it's been 2 1/2 weeks since my dose increase to 20mg. I was only getting 10mg for the first 11days. So, about 4 weeks since starting the meds. I find that I eat much better at night.

Enduronman
12-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes! Meal replacement shakes (they have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) and they taste like shakes too but there's 0 milk in them..I used to drink them all the time after workouts. Make ya grow!!..Take your multi with one, and you'll feel even better. :)

Andyw88
12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I kinda had this issue couldn't swallow well I could but anxiety kicked in n I totally went off food n that's so not like me iv lost a stone in a month. My missus started citrolopram n went off food for ages diff effects for diff ppl though

anxiousga
12-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I lost between 10 - 15 lbs when my dr increased my Prozac from 10 to 40 mg. I was feeling awful for the couple weeks I was on it so a new dr. Switched me to 10 mg of Celexa. I have been on Celexa for I think 3 months now and have calmed down a good bit. My appetite has gotten much better in the past few days. I can definitely tell I have gained some weight back. I was skinnier than I had been in a while. I need to get better at taking vitamins, if I take them on an empty stomach I feel really nauseous, so I have been slacking with my vitamin intake. The only good thing about the weight loss is I can fit into my skinny jeans. you have find a silver lining somewhere :)

kris123
12-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I lost between 10 - 15 lbs when my dr increased my Prozac from 10 to 40 mg. I was feeling awful for the couple weeks I was on it so a new dr. Switched me to 10 mg of Celexa. I have been on Celexa for I think 3 months now and have calmed down a good bit. My appetite has gotten much better in the past few days. I can definitely tell I have gained some weight back. I was skinnier than I had been in a while. I need to get better at taking vitamins, if I take them on an empty stomach I feel really nauseous, so I have been slacking with my vitamin intake. The only good thing about the weight loss is I can fit into my skinny jeans. you have find a silver lining somewhere :) That's right! A silver lining:) I love a silver lining. I really hope my appetite returns and this weight loss stops. I'm starting to get a little worried about it.

anxiousga
12-29-2013, 01:41 PM
That's right! A silver lining:) I love a silver lining. I really hope my appetite returns and this weight loss stops. I'm starting to get a little worried about it.
I bet once you get back to work and back to your routine your appetite will start coming back. I was really worried too for a while, but it is coming back. I just hope it doesn't come back in fill force and I won't be able to fit into my normal jeans..haha!

jessed03
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
These drugs were initially meant to be weight loss drugs. No kidding. They don't admit it, but Prozac was kind of a fluke.

I think you're both beautiful just the way you are... But now you're both in tighter jeans, I think I can speak for all of us and say

DAYAAAAAM GIRLS :)

trinidiva
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Dayaaaam Jesse :)

On Zoloft I lost something close to 15lbs. After around 4months and a bit, I started to get extremely hungry all the time. I've put most of it back on and am around the same weight, which is good as I did get much too skinny

Same here! I lost about 18 lbs when first starting Zoloft and it seems that I just got my appetite back and boy, i am hungry! Lol.