PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in hospital - freaking out!

GeneralWorrier
12-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Okay so I don't want to state too much due to it being a private matter but the hospital asked me to go back today for initially, some 'small tests' but as the day got on they wanted me to stay, I'm currently having treatment there for a private condition but I hate staying places overnight.

I'm so anxious I've been sick 3 times because of the anxiety and I just want to leave. Does anyone else have trouble staying places they are not familiar with? My mind is going crazy and my anxiety must be off he scale right now!

jessed03
12-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Will they offer you a benzo? Sometimes in hospitals they give you a little something something to calm you down

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes, demand something to calm and relax you...

fisher
12-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Hiya,i do know how u feel,when i had my baby girl i had to stay in overnight and i hated it i felt so anxious, how u feeling now?x

GeneralWorrier
12-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Hiya,i do know how u feel,when i had my baby girl i had to stay in overnight and i hated it i felt so anxious, how u feeling now?x

It's horrible isn't it, I've been in a lot before but I still feel as anxious every time it happens. I'm still feeling really anxious at the minute, they can't give me anything because I'm not allowed anything in my system for the next tests. I don't think it helps I've been on my own all day either x

GeneralWorrier
12-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi If you have your phone do you have some music you like on it? Maybe you can play that and focus on singing in your head with the lyrics. If you have the internet on it.....I suppose you do if your posting.....doh!,,,.......try you tube for some relaxation music or meditations etc or the progressive muscle relaxation. There is nothing to lose by trying ok. Good luck with your tests, think positive

Hey

I'm trying to concentrate on my music at the minute, usually it helps me but I feel sick to my stomach so that's all I can think about.

I should be used to this by now but I get more anxious every time. I am trying so hard, I just really hate it here and it can't seem to concentrate on anything I'm trying to distract myself with. Thank you, I'm just dreading tonight more than anything I know I won't sleep

GeneralWorrier
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm still awake it's just gone 4am and I can't sleep at all, I'm so panicky and anxious and I still feel so sick. I just want to get out this place, I know it will be worse for me to run and I'll only have to stay over night in here again but my anxiety is sky high :(

jessed03
12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Not too long to go now!

fisher
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM
have you calmed down slightly?hope u have settled,when i was in hospital before i had my baby i had bad anxiety,just be strong x

JLBnole68
12-29-2013, 01:45 AM
I may be the oddball, but I actually am more at ease in a hospital setting. I guess it's a security thing, knowing that if anything happened, people are right there ready to help. Maybe that's weird, but any time I've ever been left in a hospital bed (as long as I wasn't sick or in pain), I've always slept like a baby. Hope everything turns out well with your tests and you were able to get some rest.

GeneralWorrier
12-29-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm still here! :( gosh I'm so tired, I feel awful. Thanks guys for all of your support, I'm hoping I'm not in here another night

fisher
12-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Let us know how u get on xx

GeneralWorrier
12-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Just got out can't wait to get home, feel awful!x

jessed03
12-29-2013, 01:33 PM
If you can, or feel like it, try do a little something nice for yourself, just to reward your guts and grind and grit, at sticking it out.