PDA

View Full Version : Here it goes ..

ldocherty93
12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
So i done my acrylic nails tonight & i've just read online that the chemicals are very toxic & i've now paniced incase i've harmed myself. My anxiety has went into overdrive & i'm thinking the worst ..

Dweeb
12-28-2013, 04:01 PM
If acrylic nails was that much of a danger to ur health there wouldnt be so many nail salons about.

U'll be fine :D

artaud
12-28-2013, 04:05 PM
..... the chemicals are very toxic & i've now paniced incase i've harmed myself. My anxiety has went into overdrive & i'm thinking the worst ..

Just enjoy your nails. I wouldn't drink the stuff, or concentrate it to inhale it, but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Most chemicals that most people encounter, when used as directed, should not be an issue. Chronic exposures may cause problems. Trust me, I work in a chemical plant, ugh, if casual exposures were that much of a problem, none of us would be alive.

Relax, sit back, and enjoy the work you've done.

Srm1135
12-28-2013, 04:09 PM
You will be fine. When I was younger I put my face in a photocopy machine and then read it can damage your eyes to the point of blindness. Needless to say I thought I was going blind for the next month. I never did.

As hard as it can be, you just have to say, "It's the OCD, it's not me." Then try and do something you enjoy to take your mind off of it. Good luck.

jessed03
12-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Try reframe things a little, and focus on something more enjoyable, like how good you'll look for your BF

Rather than how it could make you sick

ldocherty93
12-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I only got the acrylic kit today soy nails look good with my engagement ring lol i'm saying to myself well people get their nails done all the time & especially the people that work in nail bars are exposed to it day in day out. I'm sure i'll be fine ..

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 04:22 PM
You ingest more chemicals from a plastic cup or bottle of water, soda, then what that nail stuff is going to absorb...:)

artaud
12-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm sure i'll be fine ..

We're all sure you'll be fine as well ;-)