PDA

View Full Version : blood clot fears

Andyw88
12-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Well after 12 days of worrying I've got a blood clot in my leg the leg seems to have got better but now the other leg is hurting in the same places lol would it be safe to say its definately not a clot and just anxiety/ muscle strains or whatever.thanks

Dweeb
12-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I had this same fear turned out to be just muscle pain and no doubt urs is just the same thing :D

Pay it no attention and it will soon go

Andyw88
12-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Cheers it probably is 2 doctors totally dismissed me totally.my normal head tells me millions of people have leg aches n pains everyday n don't think twice. Thanks dweeb lol

Dweeb
12-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah leg pain can come from a lot of thing mines been a lil achey the last couple of days bt this time i havent feared it like i did last time and gues what? Of course it never got to the point of hurtin a much as it did the previous time

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes,..just anxiety bruh!! Let it be, and move forward like ^^^^^^^^ is....:)

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Andy,

As everyone said, it is most likely driven by anxiety or just pain that comes and goes as we go through our day. In he slight chance that it is something else, the most likely culprits are calcium and magnesium deficiency (especially if you don't drink enough milk; very easily remedied by taking calcium-magnesium supplements) or varicose veins (common, benign, and also very treatable). I have had anxiety, calcium deficiency, and varicose veins, and I have learned how to tell the difference.

Lee

Andyw88
12-29-2013, 10:02 AM
It's behind both knees just like a achey seized up feeling no pain. I te.d to drink 4 pints of milk a day lol ans is vericus veins possible at 25? Thanks lee

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Varicose veins would likely be visible, if you can see behind your knees. LOL

Now that you describe your symptom, I recognize this in me. This was another problem I had, which I found went away with an adjustment to my sitting posture. It could be that the way you subconsciously sit during the day is over-stressing your knees. If you cross your legs or your ankles frequently or tuck your legs under your chair or your body, you are definitely stressing your knees in ways that, when done to frequently, can begin to cause problems. The recommendation when sitting is that you sit in a chair that allows your feet to be flat on the floor with your thighs as close to parallel/horizontal as possible. For this reason, many businesses give their employees chairs that can be adjusted for height and/or foot rests.

So, I would recommend that you try to consciously sit without crossing your legs, crossing your ankles, or tucking your legs under your chair or body. ANd if you have an adjustable chair and anything you can use for a foot rest, arrange yourself such that your feet can be flat, your shins vertical, and your thighs horizontal. Do this for a couple of days and see if the pain begins to subside.

Andyw88
12-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Wow you just explained how I sit lol I also have bad posture when I stand so I assume that could put strain on there. I've had chest pains due to posture so can surely cause leg pains too. Bottom of my back hurts when push it too. Thanks a lot lee

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Wow you just explained how I sit lol I also have bad posture when I stand so I assume that could put strain on there. I've had chest pains due to posture so can surely cause leg pains too. Bottom of my back hurts when push it too. Thanks a lot lee

I guess my physics degree comes in handy every once in awhile. LOL