PDA

View Full Version : Does it get any better?

saskykitty
02-08-2008, 06:19 AM
I will have one day where I am so strong and normal and then 3 days of weakness and fatigue and nausea. Then randomly a good day. Anybody else like this? OR I will have a good day then wake up in the middle of the night in the middle of a panic attack.

shaggy82
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I had it just like you a month ago. Nausea every day, tired, no energy etc. I had 3 bad days and 1-2 good days.

Now i have 10 good days and 1-2 bad days.
Hang in there!

I also wanted to say that i saw a short documentary on discovery channel today. You know, these short films they have in stead of commersials.
Well, today was about a italian gambler who was a millionaire. He was in prison in 16 years -
"Lucky it wasnt 30 years" - he said

When he broke his leg he said "lucky i didnt break both legs".

That got me thinking. Maybe we should all be lucky that its anxiety?

Alexcambridge
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM
This is gonna sound crazy but I've had a pretty bad cold these past few days and now I feel very normal. Still a bit hypochondriac-ish, but no detachment and no panic. I love it. I think having a real illness (albeit the most minor one ever lol) proved to me what being sick is all about and that I don't have a brain tumor or some nasty thing like that.

Alexcambridge
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Ooops double post. silly moi.

kkarnes
02-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Shaggy82, you are so right about that documentary. Why does anxiety make us feel like everything is the end of the world. I recently got in a car accident (very minor) and instead of being grateful that is was a minor accident, I felt bad about myself. I felt like I get myself into awful situations, even though the accident wasnt my fault (Even the police said so!). I have been mopey and depressed since it happend and I know that feeling like that is irrational. I am having a hard time figuring out how to not blame myself when life happens.

joey9
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Me too kkarnes - I'm a perfectly capable person but if anything bad happens it really hits me so hard - I can't seem to help how powerfully bad it feels, even though rationally i know I am overreacting. Then I feel so pathetic for being so useless. I'm OK if bad things happen that aren't possibly my fault, in fact I'm great with a natural crisis, but if there is a hint that I could have avoided the bad event I feel dreadful for weeks.

chanel07
02-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Yes, it does get better. When I was suffering from anxiety I had bad days everyday for two years. Once you beat it, you will start to have good days everyday! Isn't that nice? :D