PDA

View Full Version : "I have the worst anxiety in the world" thinking.

The Valeyard
12-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Sometimes I believe that no one in the world has anxiety that is worse than mine. But that's ridiculous. In the first place, it's subjective, and secondly, I can think of people who've been through more than I have.
It's recently struck me that a lot of people probably think they have The Worst Anxiety Ever. And that can't possibly be healthy, right?

jessed03
12-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I like this. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I'm a bit of a bizarre thought enthusiast after my OCD episodes. Janey's today gets 9.5/10

A lot of people think their anxiety is more severe or unique, including moi. It's funny when you read threads though, and everyone's like a copy and paste of each other, and everyone gets surprised that others have the same issues. I guess we aren't that special afterall lol

Another anxiety trick to separate and isolate us I guess.

jessed03
12-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I guess that's where the comparing comes in? It seems silly really that there are so many people making threads saying Have you got this symptom? Like them having it makes you better... But the knowing someone else has it seems to reassure people that theirs isn't in a league of it's own, and too extreme.

I did the same with intrusive thoughts.

AmberGbenga
12-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Well I'm selling my anxiety to the highest bidder.. It's taking up too much space. Need gone assp

AmberGbenga
12-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Hell, ill give it away! That's how kind hearted I am... Any takers?

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 05:19 AM
I like anxiety. I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I'm a bit bizarre though, an enthusiast of my OCD episodes of sort. Janey's even more of a freak, and she gets 9.5/10

A lot of people think their anxiety is more severe or unique, including moi!! MUUAAAAHAHA! It's funny when you read threads though, and everyone's like a COPY AND PASTE of each other, and everyone gets surprised that others have the SAME ISSUES. I guess most aren't that special after all, but I think I am cuz my friends call me Lil Buddy lol

Anxiety tricks me to separate and isolate myself, from myself, I guess.

yer weird...:)

NeverToo...Fear
12-28-2013, 06:54 AM
I guess that's where the comparing comes in? It seems silly really that there are so many people making threads saying Have you got this symptom? Like them having it makes you better... But the knowing someone else has it seems to reassure people that theirs isn't in a league of it's own, and too extreme.

I thought it was just misery loves company kinda thing..

But Valeyard, you got a point here.. we all seem to think at first that we have the worst anxiety ever and no one else can match it.. here I was thinking I was all unique and then we learn that that's farthest from the case and we're all pretty much similar.. I don't know why, but anxiety tends to make it all about us to where it makes you feel really special and unique--and not in the give you flowers special way. More like your very own torture chamber. And that's not healthy to think because that's just isolation working further on you.. It's terrible to think, cause I wouldn't wish anxiety on anyone, but it's nice to know that there are others out there like us.. :)

The Valeyard
12-28-2013, 01:24 PM
You guys are fantastic. :)
Yep, it's hard.

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Whoo Hooo,,..you smiled :)