PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate taking meds to feel better?

Srm1135
12-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm on 15mg of Lexapro a day and prescribed 1mg of Ativan four times a day. I have only taken it four times a day a couple of times. I keep it around once or twice a day. The problem is I suffer. However, if I take the Ativan it feel fine. I hate being reliant on a drug to feel better. It's a catch 22 for me, take the Ativan and have no anxiety and feel dependent or don't take it and have anxiety. Anyone else feel like this?

jessed03
12-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Yep. Hated it with a passion. Especially cos of the side effects too. I rushed going med free, and it didn't work, I ended up having to go back.

Often you do reach a point where you can see a med free future somewhere along the line, and that makes you feel a bit better.

acetone
12-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Well we all are dependent on food, water and oxygen to survive. So why is being dependent on meds so bad.

Enduronman
12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I love all 10 of mine! (now 11)...Feeling wayyyy better than OMG!!! all the time.....We're all different though, we're human. :)

Srm1135
12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Well we all are dependent on food, water and oxygen to survive. So why is being dependent on meds so bad. Funny thing is I tell people that are suffering from anxiety and don't want to take meds the same thing. I guess it's that I am thinking back to times when I had NO anxiety for extended periods of time, sometimes a year. Now I'm back to square one all over again. It just stinks.

jessed03
12-27-2013, 12:32 PM
True. I think it's yet another frustration thing, kinda having to do something.

After time I did become appreciative of them. I'd have been dead or homeless without them, I was a mess, it's hard to hate them for that!

Srm1135
12-27-2013, 02:49 PM
True. I think it's yet another frustration thing, kinda having to do something. After time I did become appreciative of them. I'd have been dead or homeless without them, I was a mess, it's hard to hate them for that!

Yeah, without them I wouldn't be able to work or have any type of stable home life. The crappy thing is knowing that you once lived happily without them and now they have become a necessity for living a productive life.

robotcat
12-27-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm on 15mg of Lexapro a day and prescribed 1mg of Ativan four times a day. I have only taken it four times a day a couple of times. I keep it around once or twice a day. The problem is I suffer. However, if I take the Ativan it feel fine. I hate being reliant on a drug to feel better. It's a catch 22 for me, take the Ativan and have no anxiety and feel dependent or don't take it and have anxiety. Anyone else feel like this?

This is me exactly! I hated the idea of taking Klonopin twice a day. I take it once at night and I do suffer a bit, but exactly like you I don't want to feel dependent.

Srm1135
12-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Suffered all morning and at 10am took an Ativan and within the hour felt much better. I work tonight and had massive anxiety before I left so I took my second of the day along with .5 Xanax. I don't mind taking the meds for work, my job is extremely stressful and I hate it.

jessed03
12-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Do your meds give you side effects Srm?

I think I hated mine as they made me soooo darn tired and lethargic.

A horrible situation to be in; Lethargy and constant drowsiness or unmanageable anxiety.

Glad I could get off them after 18 months. Hell of a drug that Remeron

Srm1135
12-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Tried Remeron. Knocked me out for two damn days. No, I don't have any really bad side effects. Tired sometimes. I've been having body aches, but it could be from not eating properly and lack of sleep due to anxiety.

Just had to take my third Ativan for the day. Work just wears on me so bad that I can't make it right now without it. Sucks.

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Tried Remeron. Knocked me out for two damn days. No, I don't have any really bad side effects. Tired sometimes. I've been having body aches, but it could be from not eating properly and lack of sleep due to anxiety.

Just had to take my third Ativan for the day. Work just wears on me so bad that I can't make it right now without it. Sucks.

My Nephews wife was talking about the Remeron at Christmas, said it turned her life around..

Stick with it brah!!! I wanna see another success story!!!

She had agoraphobia, social anxiety, anxiety,..now she won't shut up..

EMan..

Srm1135
12-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Woke up today for the first time no anxiety and no taking Ativan. Feel good, hope it lasts.

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 12:22 PM
OMGAWD!!! Seriously? You are going to continue the Remeron correct????..WOW!!!

Hey everybody look at this ^^^^^^^^^ SRM in the house!!......:)

Srm1135
12-28-2013, 04:10 PM
OMGAWD!!! Seriously? You are going to continue the Remeron correct????..WOW!!! Hey everybody look at this ^^^^^^^^^ SRM in the house!!......:)

Thank you Enduronman :$

Enduronman
12-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Yer welcome friend, and thank you! Post like this give me hope, and everyone else too bruh...:)