PDA

View Full Version : anyone else do this??

vonnhelsing
12-27-2013, 09:27 AM
When im anxious I usually keep my hand flat over my chest above where my heart is and keep it there for ages feeling my heart beat. For some reason it comforts me when im anxious maybe because I can feel my heart beating so I must be alive. Gosh im crazy!!!
This fear of my heart suddenly stopping is driving me insane..

MiST
12-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Your certainly not crazy. We all have our own coping methods and if it works for you that's great. I might try it myself..:D

NeverToo...Fear
12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes, I definitely do that! When I was having heart worries, I felt like was assuring to feel my heart beating. It's a good sure sign of life.

But now that I'm feeling my heart beating, I'll be paying way too much attention to it, feeling if its beats out of sync or it's not a strong beat or something else. Gah, annoying to do that, so I'm actually trying to not keep feeling for a heart beat for assurance, because in the end it makes my mind worry more and over analyze everything that much worse :/

jessed03
12-27-2013, 11:26 AM
That's not so bad VH :)

When my soccer team plays an important game, I always wear the same trouser to watch them in. I haven't washed them in 3 years hahaha!!! I know, I know Ew... But they work!!!!!

NixonRulz
12-27-2013, 12:34 PM
That's not so bad VH :) When my soccer team plays an important game, I always wear the same trouser to watch them in. I haven't washed them in 3 years hahaha!!! I know, I know Ew... But they work!!!!!

I thought soccer was football there. Or do you mean football as in NFL? Or soccer, the American game? Maybe your favorite team is from the US?

If you're going to brag about bad hygiene with your pants, please tell us what sport you are referring to and the team.

No wonder we had the Revolution. You all are confusing. LOL!

jessed03
12-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I wore them last week when I lumped on the patriots to beat the Ravens. These trousers are magic... They're unbeatable!

NixonRulz
12-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I was at that freakin game! What a joke.

They look horrible this year. They can still limp their way into the playoffs.

jessed03
12-27-2013, 12:56 PM
But they won't make it. They're gonna let that little ginger kid Dalton end their playoff hopes this weekend :(

'What, you mean other QBs don't just toss the ball in the air and hope someone catches it?' - Joe Flacco

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi Vonnhelsing!

Sounds like a good feedback mechanism. As you monitor your own heart rate, you will find what works for helping you slow it down if it is racing or calm it down if it is palpitating.