PDA

View Full Version : Heart problem?

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Whats up everyone so 5 days ago i was in the hospital my heart was going out of wack sunday morning and my cardio told me to go straight to the er they did a ekg and told me it was AFIB.. So then the other day my cardio said to me i was young to have one or unless i was taking drugs and i wasn't..so i told him i been drinking caffeine and having a glass of wine everynight so he said thats what caused it? Is that true? So now i scared if it happens again.. So i went back to working out and i notice my heart is beating fast and im slowing down i feel like my heart stops and goes back to normal? Is that a bad problem? Its a really scary thing anyone please tell me this happen to you or someone you know please need some answers!! Thanks guys God bless you !

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Plus guys i went to 2 cardios in the past 6 months i been having chest pains for that long and didnt find anything but i started having those chest pains after i had a full blown panic attack..back to the cardio doctor test i have done were EKG,ECHO,STRESS test treadmill,24 hr heart monitor..they all came back fine then this happen to me the AFIB..

artaud
12-27-2013, 06:35 AM
my cardio told me to go straight to the er they did a ekg and told me it was AFIB.. So then the other day my cardio said to me i was young to have one or unless i was taking drugs and i wasn't..

Young to have one what?

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:41 AM
AFIB...that older people have that or people taking drugs....

artaud
12-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Young to have one what?

Anyway, my son is afflicted with afib (Starting in his mid 20s), and as your doctor says, he drinks. Me, I've had premature heart beats for 40 years, I can't use caffeine, smoke cigarettes, or drink alcohol without making them worse, and when they worsen I get concerned, so I avoid that stuff.

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Yea well he wants me to stay away from all that for a month and see what happens..its scary..but when i workout you know your heart is beating fast and when your finish your workout set u take a little break and my heart is slowing down theni feel it stop then go back to normal that scares the living shit out of me...has this happen to you pr anyone here?

artaud
12-27-2013, 06:50 AM
AFIB...that older people have that or people taking drugs....

Certainly it can happen in Children and Adolescents, but for Adolescents, caffeine is listed as a possible cause.

How old are you, are you currently in afib, and if so, what meds are you on?

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Im not really in it..just happen that one day..im 28..my cardio gave me baby aspirin and acid reflux pills to take

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I ruled out all the test for the heart 3 weeks ago then this happen..but i looked it and said caffeine and alcohol are a cause too for AFIB..

artaud
12-27-2013, 06:57 AM
my heart is slowing down then i feel it stop then go back to normal that scares the living shit out of me...has this happen to you pr anyone here?

I've had PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions) since my mid teens, 40 years ago. Sometimes I get hundreds to thousands a day. I've corresponded with people that get 10,000 a day.

For PVCs, see the following. This doctor is an Electrophysiologist, he deals with heart rhythm disorders, this was reassuring to me.

http://www.drjohnm.org/2013/06/benign-pvcs-a-heart-rhythm-doctors-approach/

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Wow thanks brother!! So the heart beats that stop are really nothing that bad

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:00 AM
But its funny the ekg i have dont show pvc or anything else

artaud
12-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Im not really in it..just happen that one day..im 28..my cardio gave me baby aspirin and acid reflux pills to take

The problem with Afib is the possibility of clots. The atrium is the top of your heart, the ventricles are bottom. When you have Atrial Fibrillation, the top is not working as hard as it should be, the ventricles do most of the work, so some people don't have a lot of symptoms. But since the blood doesn't clear out of the top of the heart like normal, the pooled blood can form clots over time.

They usually put people on a blood thinner (such as aspirin) to keep that from happening. He put you on low dose aspirin, I also take one every day.

The medication for reflux is interesting. We have a nerve, the Vagus Nerve, that courses along the esophagus and onto the stomach. The nerve also influences heart rhythm, it slows your heart at appropriate times. If it gets irritated, it can disturb the heart rhythm somewhat.

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Yea well thats crazy im very healthy i lost 20 pounds in the past 2 months..i eat good food so i dont think its a cloted like i said i had all these test done 3 weeks ago and the echo would have picked it up if there was one..so maybe it could be the caffeine or the alcohol ..

artaud
12-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Wow thanks brother!! So the heart beats that stop are really nothing that bad

Not if you've been checked over by the cardiologist. That link that I sent, it's more significant if you get them during exertion, but it's normal to get them when your heart is slowing down. That doctor listed 20,000 a day before they would consider trying to correct it.

The heart doesn't really stop, it's called a "Compensatory Pause". It occurs after a premature beat.

artaud
12-27-2013, 07:25 AM
..so maybe it could be the caffeine or the alcohol ..

My heart hates both of those things. A little caffeine, I had 1/2 cup of coffee, but I'll pay for it later with more PVCs, and a glass of wine here or there should be OK, but follow your doctor's instructions.

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Yea like i said the next day i went to see him and they did a ekg it was fine..if there was a clotted i dont think he would make me leave and lose his practice if something happens to me..he said just avoid coffee and alcohol for 6 weeks and see what happens.

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:32 AM
So im trying not to stress out..its scary an the anxiety doesnt make it easy either and plus some people put more fear into which i dont get it? Were here to help each other

artaud
12-27-2013, 07:33 AM
But its funny the ekg i have dont show pvc or anything else

They'd have to occur during the time that the EKG is collecting data. This period is very short. That's why some people are given a Holter Monitor for 24 hours or an Event Monitor for longer periods.

Also see this article on the Holiday Heart Syndrome.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/emergencymedicine/emergencymedicine/36553

artaud
12-27-2013, 07:39 AM
its scary an the anxiety doesnt make it easy either and plus some people put more fear into which i dont get it? Were here to help each other

They are scary to us because we feel them, we're anxious people. Some people get many more than we do, but don't feel them. At least, because we can feel them, we went to the doctor's and had them checked out, we're far better of than those that can't feel them.

You're right, we're all in this together.

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Well they did caught the afib in the hospital thats why im so happy

padrepio34
12-27-2013, 07:44 AM
I dont think mine was from eating i think it was the coffee and wine becuz everytime i would drink coffee i would panic and gets chest pains and smoke to it was bad i couldnt breathe..so it had to be those two things that have happen to me but like i said thank god they caught it