PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness when moving eyes sometimes

wlindqu1
12-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Hello all i'm new to the forum. I was diagnosed with GAD/OCD/Panic a few years ago. I eventually got over it but then a few months ago I started having insomnia and panic attacks when I would sleep.

I went to a doctor a few weeks ago she did a normal check up and told me my issues were anxiety and prescribed me pills. Around the time all this anxiety stuff started happening again I would get this weird dizzy sensation that only last a second and happens only sometimes mainly when i'm driving i'll look one way quickly or staring at something. and look away Can this be anxiety related?

artaud
12-26-2013, 05:24 AM
....I would get this weird dizzy sensation that only last a second and happens only sometimes mainly when i'm driving i'll look one way quickly or staring at something. and look away Can this be anxiety related?

Sure, we use our inner ear and eyes for balance, as well as a bunch of nerves that sense our posture. Such as near our ankles or feet.

If only our eyes balanced us, we couldn't walk in the dark. Our eyes can lie to us as though. I was in an Omni-Max Theater with a screen that fills nearly all that you can see. They were showing a roller coaster, a view as if you were in it, and everyone swayed in the direction the roller coaster was moving. Yet in reality everyone was sitting in a stationary seat.

The inner ear can lie as well, colds influence them and you can get temporary vertigo, and if it wasn't for our eyes, we couldn't walk during those times. Inner ears can also have tiny calcium crystals occur in them that rub across the microscopic hairs in the inner ear, giving you the feeling of being VERY dizzy with slight motions of your head.

But anxiety and dizziness, in the way you describe, sure, I've had it often. If things get worse, talk to your doctor about it, he/she can make sure everything is OK and reassure you.