PDA

View Full Version : Anyone extra anxious today?

StaceyK
12-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I really struggled to eat my Xmas dinner, could only manage half.

caz xx
12-25-2013, 10:32 AM
I really struggled to eat my Xmas dinner, could only manage half. yeah me too :(( I have emetophobia aswell so it makes it worse eating xx

NixonRulz
12-25-2013, 10:58 AM
I really struggled to eat my Xmas dinner, could only manage half.

Well half is better than none!

The glass is half full, not half empty

Celebrate the fact that you made it through dinner and you are here to tell us about it.

You're moving the needle in the right direction!

Merry Christmas

caz xx
12-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Well half is better than none! The glass is half full, not half empty Celebrate the fact that you made it through dinner and you are here to tell us about it. You're moving the needle in the right direction! Merry Christmas wow u did better then me I nibbled lol x

StaceyK
12-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi caz, I have the fear of being sick too . Hoe badly does it affect you ?

StaceyK
12-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Nixon , that's all I have ate all day. My appetite has been shit for 3 months

StaceyK
12-25-2013, 02:29 PM
P.s merry Christmas Nixon :)

kris123
12-25-2013, 02:35 PM
More depressed than anxious....that's how I feel anyway. I don't know if it's the holidays and the expectation of being joyful and what not but it's really got me feeling kind of sad. You may as well call me Debbie Downer from now on :(

MrsJ88
12-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes! Anxious more than usual yesterday and today!! Ugh didn't even eat Christmas Eve dinner at family's house! Hope tonight is better! Merry Christmas to all!!

rhar
12-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes! Christmas was yesterday here in Australia and I was determined not to let my anxiety ruin the day. But sure enough sitting eating lunch and along came the fuzzy head.... Grrrrrr

Nicolette
12-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeahhh im gonna go for a walk I think. So cold though brrrrr

AmberGbenga
12-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes Christmas was yesterday.. All was alright.. Depressed because my partner wasn't here but last night I had panic attack after panic attack and not feeling to crash hot today either

MiST
12-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I was bad first thing this morning, started to settle down a bit toward the evening once xmas dinner was all done and we had time to just chill.

StaceyK
12-26-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm Also depressed also Debbie123, like really down. It's the expectation to visit people, see people and like you say 'be happy'. I can't wait until it's all over

gemma1788
12-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Yes! Christmas was yesterday here in Australia and I was determined not to let my anxiety ruin the day. But sure enough sitting eating lunch and along came the fuzzy head.... Grrrrrr

Me too. Precisely.

raggamuffin
12-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Not great. Better than last night and this morning. Got an annoying heavy head with a headache coming and going every minute or so for the past week. Oh well. It'll go for good one day i'm sure. Going out taking photos in a bit. Want to keep myself busy and the fresh air and sunlight should do me good

Ed

rhar
12-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Me too. Precisely.

Sucks doesn't it!!!

Applecherry
12-26-2013, 04:31 AM
You might want to try some kind of antidepressant, I used to not be able to eat much when I was having bad anxiety spells, I think my medication seems to help with that at least so I can eat. Give it a try if you haven't already.

caz xx
12-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi caz, I have the fear of being sick too . Hoe badly does it affect you ? yes Hun I'm extremely bad with this emetophobia :( it's really got worse this year for me ie agrophobia now too how bad are u? even wind will set me into a panic attack xxx

Anxiouskat
12-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Caz xx,

I too am in the same boat, been fighting with it for 3 years or so. Holidays are extra difficult for me because normally there is lots of food and family wonders why I don't eat much. I am not trying to loose weight, heck I'm trying to keep it on to be honest. But it is so difficult to eat a huge meal, in a house full of people that you can't escape from.. That has been my experience in the past but this year I spent Christmas 3000 km from any family and had a bit of a depressing day alone :( Anxiety over emetophobia has struck in full force this morning though. Suppose I downed my coffee too quick or something :( not a good start to the day.

StaceyK
12-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Hey anxious cat and caz,

I have this over the holidays too. Really struggling over the last few days with being surrounded In food... I've had this for 3 months now and lost 1.5 stones. I generally have a low appetite now and just afraid to eat. It's especially worse in the day but somehow goes away in the evening around 10pm. I get afraid that I will loose so much weight that my body will shut down.
Sometimes I smell food and feel hungry and then I go to tuck it and I just can't eat. Every day is a battle !
Are there any foods you find easier to eat ?

Anxiouskat
12-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Stacey K,

I'm from Canada so I'm not exactly sure what 1.5 stone is but it sounds like a considerable amount of weight. I dropped from 180 lbs, to 120 lbs in a three month span, not good at all especially since I'm 5'8" I tend to always go back to soda crackers, and powerade. It gets your sugars and electrolytes back up and soon enough you have a small appetite for something else so I go for it and you start to feel better. It's a bit of a never ending circle but with me I just have to eat some crackers... Corner by corner, bit by bit. If it makes me sick it's only a cracker so it could be worse. For some weird reason the salted tops seem to hit the spot. On that note here goes nothing!

StaceyK
12-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Geez, anxiouskat - I'm from Scotland. that's a lot of weight.... :( mines (in lbs) is 22 . I've went from 141 lbs to 119 since mind sept and I'm 5 ft 4.

If you don't mind me asking is yours down to depression too (aswell as anxiety/fear of being sick) ?
I get anxious every time its eating time as I know it's just another meal I have to force myself and it's really getting me down... I find soup and mashed potatoes easy to eat.

StaceyK
12-26-2013, 11:25 AM
P.s anxious kat, I've started CBT. Apparently it helps this kind of thing.

Anxiouskat
12-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Stacey K,

Depression runs in my family so I am all to familiar with they symptoms but it doesn't affect me for the most part. I have stopped drinking Alcohol because it doesn't mix with Cipralex which I have been on for 3 years. Two glasses of wine and I spend the next two days crying, not worth it at all. Not to mention the anxiety over a hangover.. Not worth it at all. I don't believe depression really plays a significant role in the anxiety battle.
I have just recently started a new relationship which has caused my anxiety to flare up pretty bad so it results in me feeling anxious (aka queasy) quite a bit. He is very kind and I really miss having someone close enough that I don't feel like I have to hide my symptoms. It's a tough battle to fight alone, much easier with a shoulder to lean on. Hopefully things will improve on Sunday when he gets home.