PDA

View Full Version : anxiety question?

allanmccann
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
ok im taking venlafaxine aka "effector xr" for depression and anxiety and im more worried about my anxiety and if thats what i have or its a heart problem,ok whenever i run or walk fast or lift weight or even stretch sometimes my heart and my stomach start pounding and o want to know is this part of anxiety and if so is this med going to help? with that cause its driving me crazy i cant do anything physical

i also relized i posted this in the wrong forum,sorry

thanks

ron111
02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I had that too. I have always been worried about my heart. So, I just never researched anything on it. Ignorance is bliss. But just a year ago, I had some panic attacks and of course searched the net and symptoms. Now i'm worried about my BP even though it is fine. It will just go through the roof at the doctors. But, I had the same thing. Even getting out of the car, I'd feel it pound for a second or so. Of course since I don't think about it anymore and i'm worried about something else, it doesn't happen. I know it's anxiety related.

jesse230
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I also get this pounding of the heart and i can sometimes see my shirt move when it happens. Honestly it's in our heads and we need to get rid of it. ya know? only thing a fast heart beet can do is possibly rarely pass out. and nothing bad can happen when u pass out (if ur laying down)

ron111
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM
A strong heart beat isnt' always bad though. I heard that sometimes it means your heart is strong.

jesse230
02-16-2008, 12:05 AM
We'll i think when you got a strong heart. I think they ment a nice pump like.

PUMP

some hearts can go plumplelplemp pump lol.. but. our minds do make our self get intuned to our heads and notice are heart is pumping we wouldnt notice this before hand..why cuz we wouldnt care or worry. But, when you have anxiety it gets in your head and you think new things.. lol

ron111
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
And when we feel anxiety, we have taught ourselves to panic because we tell ourselves that we don't want it. I think the key is to get past this.

Steve_P
03-11-2008, 09:03 PM
If you're having problems with anxiety, ironically pushing yourself physically at the gym and getting your heart rate up is one of the best things you can do!

We all know that a rapid or intense heart beat scares us anxiety sufferers. However, I've found that exercise has helped me out tremendously when I've been going through tough bouts of anxiety and panic.

If you haven't been exercising regularly, when you do become anxious and you heart beats rapidly, it scares you more because it seems so foreign. However if you're exercising regularly, you're used to getting your heart rate up and it won't feel so abnormal. Additionally your heart will be stronger and work more efficiently, which should help quell your symptoms a bit when you do become anxious.

During my worst periods of anxiety in my life, I was overweight and out of shape, and I definitely believe it played a part in contributing to my anxiety symptoms.