PDA

View Full Version : Something that i thought i would share reply please ? HELP!

hopeful2
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Well ive had breathing related anxiety for almost 7 mos now and i still seem to be alive! I just dont understand its like u spend all day tryin to breathe and going to the doctors and u cant find anything wrong with u! i mean ya these last two weeks have been tough cause i had bronchitis that shit is not fun! and i have a quite sometimes still have that heaviness in my chest liek some one is sitting on me or a belt around and plus i have a cough and i feel short of breathe but i went to the dr just anxiety which i do believe it is that bronchitis didnt help im wondering if i just feel bad becuase im coming off from bronchitis still feel like someone is sittin on my ches tbut i guess i will be ok! I was wondering can u forget to breathe, i always feel like i have to think to breathe????? im kinda scared!

chanel07
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
There is no way you can forget to breathe. Have you ever tried staying under water for a long time. You will be fine for maybe 20 to 30 seconds but then your body kicks into survival mode and your body seeks oxygen. That mechanism is built into your body.

jamee
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I feel short of breath quite often. I always have, ever since I was a child.
It's always been anxiety related. It feels like your chest is heavy and you can only get a good breath of air every once in a while. It's a terrible feeling but once you realize that it isn't going to hurt you, you can eventually learn to ignore it enough until it goes away.

SuperMegaRichard
02-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Have you forgot to breath yet? Haha the problem with anxiety is you make the problem in your head, then you make it worst by thinking about it. I can promise you that you will not die because you didn't breath. Just in case, it is impossible to hold your breath till you die, it cant be done. You will pass out long before you are in danger and your body takes over and you breathe again.

Lozzie
02-12-2008, 02:04 AM
I have the same problem. I have learned to control it a bit better now as I know its anxiety and it's not going to kill me. You have to learn to breath through your nose as heavy breathing through the mouth can make things worse. Lie down on your back put your hand on your abdomen and breath in and out through your nose slowly thing to your self I can breath clearly I cannot die from this and the air is running through me I can feel in go in and out. Breath like thi 10times. Get up slowly have a glass of water. relax. Plenty of us have it dont worry too much.

If you need to know more just ask!

xox

Loz