PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure machine question

Blessed
12-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I Am supposed to check my blood pressure at home weekly just to keep eye on things. So tonight I checked it at my dads machine and it was fine and I should have left it alone!!!!!! But I didn't so I checked it Again And it showed an irregular heart beat symbol. Now mind you I have had this symbol show up several times In the past but this tjme i freaked out. The manual says to consult your physician , and I do visit my cardiologist regularly . Should I stop being so paranoid or can anyone help me here thanks!!!

trinidiva
12-22-2013, 07:50 PM
That happened to me once. I got super nervous. The more I thought about it I realized that the cuff hadn't been placed on properly and I had moved a bit during the time it was taking my pressure. I took it again once I had calmed down and it was fine.....no irregular symbol.....and I've never seen it again.

Blessed
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Wish I could say the sand ivd seen it too many times to count

Blessed
12-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Can anyone help me understand if this is ok or all that normal if I do see it sometimes in readings and on different machines?

SamC
12-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Ok so, the fact you checked again after the first time even though your reading was ok 1st time, tells you the fact you checked a 2nd time means you had already started to work yourself up, which in my opinion is the cause of the irregular reading and im sure its nothing to worry about even if it was an irregular reading, you said yourself you have seen it many times, you are still here posting aren;t you? so nothing bad has happened so try to not worry about it.

I had an irregular heartbeat when i was sent for an ecg but i had worked myself up in to a complete panic before i went, as a result they done a 48 hour trace on me, which basically i was wired up to my my eyeballs to a heart monitor that i had to wear for 2 days, i was to keep note of if i had a panic attack and the time/day etc but I actually think i was more worried about knocking a wire out and how ridiculous it must have looked wiht wires under my clothes i didn't have an attack that 2 days as my concentration was on something else and the results came back clear with no probs so im sure you've just worked yourself up a bit and thats all the problem is.

Hope this helps calm your nerves a bit and see theres nothing for worry, many people prob suffer irregular heartbeat all the time but they never know coz its not something they check every week etc and they lead a completely normal life with no problems so try no to panic

In saying that truth is i testing yourself every week will not help you overcome your anxiety either as its giving you something to keep focus on but im guessing its necessary? so just try to remain calm and test 1 time not 2 :)

Blessed
12-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you this makes so much sense !!! :)