PDA

View Full Version : my past 3 months. Thoughts?

gregsmithhhhhhh
12-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Not sure if anybody read my welcome thread back in october but i have various concerns and questions, mostly due to my excessive fear of serious disease which started 4 years ago (20 years old now). However, october of this year was a major breaking point. I had just lost a girl and my grades were slipping. I had also quit dipping after 3 stupid months of doing it and noticed my gums recede a tiny bit(automatically thought i had oral cancer or gum disease) I was working all day friday night through sunday, then class monday through friday. I came down with what I think/thought was the flu(fever,chills, lost water weight, loss of appetite) but also had blurred vision and dry mouth which are not exactly the most common flu symptoms, so I did the common mistake of googling it and it spiraled out of control. My sides ached(not sure why, could have been my mattress at school but it freaked me out) and I searched online, and soon thought my kidneys were failing. Went to the ER and they did a blood/urine sample and said the tests were good.

That was a relief for me, and it made most of the symptoms go away for a week. Then my legs began to twitch and I got the heart palpitations(extra/skipped heart beat) that I am very familiar with and I shook it off and told myself it was definitely anxiety. Now my joints seem to be cracking alot and I'm getting random quick pains throughout my body and joints, which is worse when I think about it, and I have myself convinced I have Lyme again. I also have a couple cankers(it's winter, nothing abnormal) and whenever I feel something different in my mouth it immediately makes me think cancer and I go into panic mode. I also just feel a shakiness inside of me, which is always visible in my hands but otherwise it is just an inside feeling. I haven't smoked marijuana since high school but I did it the other night and it made my symptoms go away for the night.

Thoughts? I don't know whether to be concerned or not and seek a second opinion from another doctor or to just tell myself it's anxiety and to focus on something else. Has anybody else experienced a "rotation" of symptoms like this?

SamC
12-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Hi Greg

"I don't know whether to be concerned or not and seek a second opinion from another doctor or to just tell myself it's anxiety and to focus on something else. Has anybody else experienced a "rotation" of symptoms like this?"

The fact you are asking this question kind of says you know the answer deep down otherwise you would have gone straight to the doctor eh?. This questions is typical of an anxiety sufferer WHAT IFS and I HAVE SOME SERIOUS TROPICAL DISEASE THAT AFFFECTS LIKE 1 IN A MILLION PEOPLE (been there had that lol) you and millions of us with anxiety fight questions like that everyday, so to answer your question YEAH most likely all of us on here have had that feeling and symptoms like that but we are all still here :D

You are already rationalising your own thought i.e heart pals (anxiety) cankers (winter nothing abnormal) so your on a good road you just need to believe what you are already telling yourself, with anxiety if you think you have something you will get symptoms of it which is why GOOGLE IS V BAD tempting i know but V BAD so please avoid that and continue to rationalise what you are feeling.

I remember years ago being sent into a HUGE panic one night as my arm and hand went numb then i got pins and needles, i google it and suddenly i was developing other symptoms .. i was convinced i was having a stroke :/ . Of course all that really happened was i had been lying on my arm for ages lol. So you are not alone in your thoughts of worst case scenario.

i remember my mum saying to me one day. If you had something serious, do you not think you would have been in hospital by now or worse? and what is worrying about it doing, if something was that bad worrying about it would not help especially if the doctor gives a clean bill of health, that kind of stuck with me and im sure was one of the things that helped me thru my bad times to learn to control anxiety.

I dont know much about drugs but personally i would avoid anything that is not prescribed by a doctor as from what i know about drugs they tend to have a long term affect on the mind for the worst, so my advice go to your doctor maybe get something to take the edge of your worry, will calm you just a little and then focus on trying to beleive what you are saying i.e its just a flu or i have cankers coz its winter etc etc.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Lm22
02-22-2014, 03:12 AM
I've been reading some of these posts and I believe there are people on here who might actually have Lyme disease and brush it off as anxiety.. Was trying to search Lyme disease to see if anyone gets severe anxiety from it, but I'm finding posts that make me want to scream go get tested for Lyme ! Lol. The flu symptoms, creaking joints, and esp kidney pain are things that sound like what I had, you may have read symptoms and anxiety manifested as this but.. Find a llmd who follows ilads guidelines and get tested bc normal docs don't usually take Lyme seriously or know how to treat it properly.