PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried

angeleyes01
12-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Or last few years I have suffered heart palpitations of which I told my doctor. She put it down to stress and anxiety even though heart disease runs in my family. But since Wednesday I have started having pains in my chest started out like someone jabbing with like a knife sometimes it's like a punch to the chest and a bad burning sensation and other times just a dull ache. I have never felt this before. I don't know what to do don't think I could face visiting a hospital and waiting hours to be seen. My mum says it's probably heartburn,indigestion or maybe I've pulled a muscle. So that's what I'm hoping but I have not been eating right for a while so don't know

hiswaywardgirl
12-22-2013, 12:02 AM
You should schedule an appointment with a different doctor, a cardiologist, or someone who does holistic medicine (less likely to give you pain meds or shrug you off). That doesn't sound like a typical panic attack to me. I wonder if you might have heartburn or a problem with your gallbladder? My boyfriend had similar symptoms, and it turned out that his gallbladder was barely functioning. Maybe try making some changes to your diet in the meantime, and see if that helps?

But yeah, I would definitely look into that more. Anxiety can cause a lot of problems, but I don't think many people experience serious chest pain from anxiety alone. At the very least, a good doctor should give you a way to deal with it.