PDA

View Full Version : Fear of seizures

LyingScotsman
12-20-2013, 06:38 PM
This all started back in 2011. I was at my work, and I was losing breath and feeling dizzy. I thought I was going to pass out, and that resulted in making the whole situation worse. 10 minutes later, I finally got over it. Ever since then I was scared off passing out, and that would result in making me panic. This fear went on for about a week. Then one day I started to get the same feeling, but this time I wasn't scared of passing out, I was scared of having a fit. I have no idea what put the fear into my head, but ever since that day I have continued to have a big fear of having a fit. I dunno if it is my anxiety, but when I have that feeling of panic, I think I'm glong to have a seizure. It's been like this for two years and I have never had one. I had an MRI scan, and I had this thing that involves putting wires to my head (I can't mind the name of it) and the results didn't find anything wrong with me. I thought that would be enough for me to get over the fear, but it wasn't. Whenever I start to panic I'm convinced I'm going to have a fit. Could this all be down to my anxiety? I wanted to ask this because I really want to know if I'm worrying for nothing.

artaud
12-20-2013, 07:27 PM
...I was at my work, and I was losing breath and feeling dizzy. I thought I was going to pass out, and that resulted in making the whole situation worse....Could this all be down to my anxiety?...

Sounds like hyperventilation to me. Especially if you've seen a doctor and was tested with an MRI and EEG.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hyperventilation-topic-overview

"Symptoms of hyperventilation usually last 20 to 30 minutes and may include: Feeling anxious, nervous, or tense., Frequent sighing or yawning. Feeling that you can't get enough air (air hunger) or need to sit up to breathe. A pounding and racing heartbeat. Problems with balance, lightheadedness, or vertigo. Numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or around the mouth. Chest tightness, fullness, pressure, tenderness, or pain."