PDA

View Full Version : Worst anxiety symptom !

samanthajayne24
12-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi guys.

Just interested to find out what your worst symptom is ???? Mine is defiantly the heart flutters and skipped beats. Tonight I was out shopping and all of a sudden it felt like my heart skipped a beat and was going to stop ! It also took my breath away ! Scared the life out of me :/

worriedmummy85
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi guys.

Just interested to find out what your worst symptom is ???? Mine is defiantly the heart flutters and skipped beats. Tonight I was out shopping and all of a sudden it felt like my heart skipped a beat and was going to stop ! It also took my breath away ! Scared the life out of me :/

Mine is dizziness when I start feeling dizzy or blurred vision I started to get a little panicky

sharacel91
12-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Palpertaions/flutters ect x

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Chest discomfort aches/pains
And the irrational thoughts

Pauletta86
12-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Depersonalization/Derealization!

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 02:25 PM
being like a roadside bomb....short fuse or no fuse but I'm working on it! :D

janey
12-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Mine is intrusive thoughts and obsessive thinking. Second to that is the feeling that I'll never be normal again.
Kind of like when you're sick with a cold, you forget what it feels like to not be sick and it seems like you'll be that way forever.

brian84
12-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Chest pain and constantly thinking I am going to have a heart attack!

robotcat
12-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Mine is intrusive thoughts and obsessive thinking. Second to that is the feeling that I'll never be normal again.
Kind of like when you're sick with a cold, you forget what it feels like to not be sick and it seems like you'll be that way forever.

This is me exactly. I'll add depersonalization to the mix as well.

JLBnole68
12-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Heart palps rank high, but also the times when I feel like I'm suffocating. Those are horrible and I get hot flashes with them. I have to immediately find cool air.

Anxious Abi
12-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Hey, I would also say the Intrusive thoughts are most distressing symptom, having thoughts that feel like they don't belong to you, your worst fears, things that disgust and upset you, trying to force them out of your head, only to remind yourself your therapist says you shouldn't do that. "A thought is just a thought, let them come and go like waves."

Also agree with JLBnole68, I sometimes get the feeling of suffocating, which is very distressing.

Gingerbreadelf
12-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Well, I seem to struggle most with depersonalization type attacks these days. Feeling unfocused, detached and distant from my emotions. It seems like it gets 10 times worse when I realize I haven't eaten in a while, hunger sets off these nasty anxiety hormones (so I've heard), and I do believe that, because when a panic attack hits me like 95 percent of the time, it seems like it happens when I'm hungry. not that eating something can eradicate what's making me anxious, but it can get rid of the panic feelings.

Also, during a full blown attack, I will get a very cold sensation in my body, and sweat like crazy, and then basically get the runs and have to run to the bathroom (sorry for sharing that particular bit of info, but it's the truth). Last year I was having bad anxiety for several weeks at a time, I was having the runs way too much, and unbeknownst to me, was losing fluid and becoming severely dehydrated from that, and almost passed out one day. the doctor told me I was quite dehydrated, since then, I obsess about getting enough water in me each day.

rhar
12-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Mine is dizziness when I start feeling dizzy or blurred vision I started to get a little panicky

Same here!!!!

gemma1788
12-21-2013, 05:43 AM
Mine is derealization, I feel like I'm drunk. It mostly comes at night or when I am tired. It's so annoying!

SamC
12-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Hi same here de-realization was my worst but now i can think about it rationally, i think it came from hunger and not eating before taking medication.

I thankfully dont get that any more. I do still get get light headed and feel a bit fuzzy after an attack thankfully only lasts a few hours tho and im ok again.

SamC
12-21-2013, 06:58 AM
frankiecfc and Gingerbreadelf .... maybe you have already tried it but if not i would recommend trying a homeopathic medicine called Argent Nit, its designed for a fear of flying really to keep you calm and to combat dodgy bellys during that period, so it really helps with calming your nerves thus relieving the need to make a bathroom run ;) its def worth a try if you have not tried it already.

ps. its just like 2 small pilules (no bigger than sweetex) you just drop on your tongue and sook them like 2 hours before you go out, just to add that incase you have a fear of medications like i did, they are not scary at all, thats why i used them lol.

Sam :)

SamC
12-21-2013, 08:21 AM
You are very welcome. If you try it let me know if it helped you any.

Sam :)

Laura09Jones
12-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Mine is definitely heart attack like symptoms. I also have a hard time with thinking about really horrible things before I go to bed.

ldocherty93
12-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Mine is definitely heart attack like symptoms. I also have a hard time with thinking about really horrible things before I go to bed.

I'm the exact same! So horrible!

mykids12
12-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Mine is intrusive thoughts and obsessive thinking. Second to that is the feeling that I'll never be normal again. Kind of like when you're sick with a cold, you forget what it feels like to not be sick and it seems like you'll be that way forever.

Me too. I don't remember what it's like to be normal.