PDA

View Full Version : Numb lip!!!!!

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 11:14 AM
So my bottom lip went numb for no reason...!!!!!!! Then I felt a warm sensation!!!!!! What could this be??

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 11:19 AM
It's freezing outside...or you didn't take your BP meds, or you did take your BP meds and it's cold outside..:)

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't take bp meds at all and I've been inside all day

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Well that rules that out! hmmm...drinking a cold drink then? A hot drink?....

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 11:26 AM
No I literally wasn't doing anything

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Hmmm...I believe that has also happened to me but it was more than likely just circulation er something...it'll pass. Not a big deal MKG! :)

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 11:35 AM
It lasted for a like 5 seconds but it freaked me the f out

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm fearing neriological diss order or stroke

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, we've narrowed it down then to just plain ole anxiety Girl...Maybe some meds would help? Do you have any to take for anxiety??....:)

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Um,..NEGATIVE.

Gingerbreadelf
12-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Could be a pinched nerve. Maybe you were sleeping in a way that you were biting it, making it numb? When I get a pinched nerve, it can feel a bit numb all day. Also, anxiety does make you hyper aware of every little thing going on with your body. and the more you focus on your lip, the worse it will be. Just find something better to do to keep you occupied.

artaud
12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
So my bottom lip went numb for no reason...!!!!!!! Then I felt a warm sensation!!!!!! What could this be??

Sounds like a parasthesia. I would not research it on the internet, there's multiple causes, the vast majority are benign.

"...hyperventilation may cause a number of physical symptoms: dizziness, tingling in the lips, hands or feet..."

Visit here as well:

http://www.ehow.com/about_5135440_lip-numbness-causes.html

Periodically I get them across my entire shoulder on one side and completely down the arm, it just feels warm, I can feel it spread, and I've gotten it, infrequently, for over 30 years.

If it recurs often, is accompanied by other symptoms, or lasts long, consider seeing a doctor.

With a parasthesia, you should have no problems speaking or swallowing or with your thinking. If those would occur suddenly, seek immediate medical attention.

But, I doubt that's your problem, most are benign.

Was one side or both sides of your lips effected?

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Just my whole bottom lip not top

artaud
12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Just my whole bottom lip not top

I wouldn't worry, I get weird stuff all the time. The whole bottom doesn't sound like any cause for concern about stroke, we are wired bilaterally, usually just effects one side. Hyperventilation on the other hand may do both sides.

Sometimes I notice one lip area feels numb, like the upper left or upper right (or lower the same way). Don't know if I chew on it or something to desensitize it or not. The lips are real sensitive with nerves. What I do to reassure myself is very gently rub a finger tip or nail across the lip, it definitely gets a strong response. Whenever one side feels like it's reduced in sensation, I wait an hour or two. It's always returned to normal.

mkgirl01
12-20-2013, 01:41 PM
It only lasted like 5 seconds and it was normal again

BlessedMom
12-20-2013, 02:57 PM

No.....its not that. ((hugs)) definitely an anxiety issue. My hands and arms go numb on me too, it use to freak me out as well but now I know its one of my lovely little side affects of anxiety.