PDA

View Full Version : Energy drink and propranolol

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 06:02 AM
I am due to take my 10mg tablet but i drank some energy drink (half a can) this mornin around half 9 will i be ok to take my tablet?

I heard u aint supposed to mix the tablet and propranolol together

jkb
12-20-2013, 06:11 AM
I can't answer your question specifically. But here's some advice, don't drink energy drinks at all. It's crap in a can, and is terrible for anxiety. Just my two cents, hopefully someone can answer your specific question though.

sarah19
12-20-2013, 06:11 AM
Im not sure but if u heard ur not supposed to mix it then stay on the safe side and dont

sarah19
12-20-2013, 06:13 AM
I can't answer your question specifically. But here's some advice, don't drink energy drinks at all. It's crap in a can, and is terrible for anxiety. Just my two cents, hopefully someone can answer your specific question though.

So true!! I had energy drink today and my anxiety is so bad now !!

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 06:15 AM
My anxiety isnt worse than usual just worried about missin the tablet today as i'm weaning off them

artaud
12-20-2013, 06:18 AM
..my 10mg tablet but i drank some energy drink...this mornin...I heard u aint supposed to mix the tablet and propranolol together

I'm a little confused. 10mg tablet of what? If you could, reply with the manufacturer and name of the energy drink?

The way a read your initial post, you drank energy drink, 1/2 bottle. But you go on to say you believe you aren't supposed to mix the tablet and propranolol. Did you mean the energy drink and propranolol?

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Sorry i meant i'm due to take a 10mg propranolol but drank half a can of energy drink around half 9 this morning.

The energy drink was called lsv
And the brand propranolol is actavis

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm a little confused too...

Someone who posts on here everyday about anxiety...

AND DRINKS ENERGY DRINKS????!!!!!! gggrrrrrrrr...........futile.

No, I'm not mad, this just makes NO sense...

E-Man :)

jessed03
12-20-2013, 06:53 AM
I need an energy drink IV right now. I'm so tired I can hardly move. Where my nurses at! Oh yeah, being all responsible and working of course :p

sarah19
12-20-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm a little confused too... Someone who posts on here everyday about anxiety... AND DRINKS ENERGY DRINKS????!!!!!! gggrrrrrrrr...........futile. No, I'm not mad, this just makes NO sense... E-Man :)

I dont blame him for drinking energy drinks they taste so good ! Lol

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm gonna go see my nursy nursies today (but not because of me,..Lion Cub)...gosh.. :)

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 06:57 AM
I dont blame him for drinking energy drinks they taste so good ! Lol

Oh really? Yet another member of a HIGH ANXIETY forum that drinks energy drinks??!!!!! LMAO!!!! Um, I seem to have high anxiety for some reason?...DERRRRR!!!! :D

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Im not worried about the anxiety it asnt made the anxiety any worse in fact i feel fine no anxiety symptoms at all all i want to now is
whether or not i can take the tablet.
Its the 1st time ive drank an energy drink since august and if i didnt drink 1 this morning my daughter wouldnt have got to school as i had no energy at all.

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Eat a piece of fruit then!!! No, I'm not yelling, just presenting that way....:)

Those "things" are dangerous!! Hey wait, would you stand at the sugar bowl and eat 18 tsp of sugar? Honest answer please?

sarah19
12-20-2013, 07:02 AM
I drink energy drinks sometimes and im fine u dont always get bad anxiety after drinking energy drinks its a risk i will take because i love energy drinks :)

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Ok, Sarah, ...well best of luck with the HIGH ANXIETY!!!..lol! (SORRY.,,but this is completely baffling to me to be reading this, in this forum, about anxiety, and those drinks)....:)

jessed03
12-20-2013, 07:04 AM
If your heart rate feels normal, you should be ok one time. They are a bad mix though one speeds up the heart, one slows it. It's like hitting the gas and the break at the same time.

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 07:05 AM
If your heart rate feels normal, you should be ok one time. They are a bad mix though one speeds up the heart, one slows it. It's like hitting the gas and the break at the same time.

Yes, agreed...Dude ^^^^^ there knows his shizzzzzz!!! :)

jessed03
12-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Yes, agreed...Dude ^^^^^ there knows his shizzzzzz!!! :)

You'd hope so, right, after 2500 posts... Either that or my advice has killed a lot of people!

Enduronman
12-20-2013, 07:11 AM
18 tsps of sugar later....

Yeah, I've been having real bad panic attacks and it feels like my heart is racing and I have checked my pulse and it's like 173 and my BP is like 194/135 so but this rarely ever happens...GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :D

alankay
12-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Should not be a problem but anyone with anxiety should avoid all stimulants. Now if a little coffee doesn't bother your anxiety that's OK. Propranolol is not a stimulant. Alankay

jessed03
12-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Sarah19

Are you UK?

What energy drink you like most? I've only had RedBull.

sarah19
12-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Sarah19 Are you UK? What energy drink you like most? I've only had RedBull.

Nah im from australia red bull is nice but i drink v im not sure if they have v in the uk

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 07:27 AM
I just spoke to the pharmacist and he said that i'll be fine as i'm only on a small dose of propranolol an i had the energy drink like 5 hours ago :)

worriedmummy85
12-20-2013, 07:27 AM
I personally have not had an energy drink but I gave up coffee for a while I aske my doctor and spoke to my CBT therapist who both said it was my thoughts that triggered the anxiety I have drank coffee and alcohol ever since and neither of which have caused any anxiety

Everyone is different tho

sarah19
12-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Dweeb

Yayyyy u got ur answer :)

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeahhh :)

I'm coming of the propranolol anyway so aint like i'll be doin it again :D

artaud
12-20-2013, 07:56 AM
The energy drink was called lsv

Here's one product I found, was this the offending substance?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005Z2KF5I/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/276-0242807-2105616

I could find no data online about the product, this is a concern to me.

Anyway, if you take propranolol for a heart rhythm issue, you want to steer clear of energy drinks. Likewise, if you take it for anxiety, the energy drink will likely nullify the effect of the propranolol, so again, I would not use it.

I don't think it likely that a half bottle of this energy drink and a propranolol will interact in the classic sense, but see above, why would you use it at all? You can have a cup of coffee to help be more alert, and a MODEST Vitamin B-12 supplement may also to the same, but again, they will make you more nervous.

jessed03
12-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Anyway...

Where are you from Artaud? Are you French or... Just a fan of Antonin?

Dweeb
12-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Yeah that was the product

And it didnt make me more nervous or anything like that i just wanted to now if it was ok to take the tablet after having the drink

artaud
12-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Where are you from Artaud? Are you French or... Just a fan of Antonin?

From Pennsylvania in the U.S.

Neither. There's a movie entitled "No Such Thing".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGb1MyCrDY

In the movie is a somewhat addlepated character by the name Dr. Artaud. I used to use his image as an Avatar but it really doesn't work, it was a poor copy and I can't find a higher res version of him sitting there, wearing glasses, one specific pose I liked, so I adopted Antonin Artaud. He does have some interesting perspectives though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Artaud

You're the first ever to enquire. Oddly enough, I have another screen name, it's also French.

Last, but not least, have you seen "Sky Fighters"? A great French movie, many flying action scenes, and the equipment is superb.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVryn7sHGs

jessed03
12-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Ah I see.

It's an interesting name/avatar, not something you see too much, I wondered the story behind it.

Reading his philosophical views, he does seem to have an interesting view on life. Suffering being essential to life. A very true point really. Nothing quite refreshes a man like a little suffering. I find a lot of great philosophies from playwrights actually. Something about their ability to narrate life's highlights also makes them very a tune to perceiving it's wisdoms.

I'll have to add that film to my growing 'To watch' list