PDA

View Full Version : Irrational thoughts

Dweeb
12-19-2013, 04:32 PM
As anyone had irrational thoughts and then after a while actually started to realise how irrational they are?

Srm1135
12-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Absolutely. Anxiety and OCD go hand in hand. When my anxiety is up my brains starts to race and come up with all kinds of crazy thoughts. From there my OCD takes over and gets my brain stuck on the thought. It can be really scary sometimes what tricks the mind can play. You just have to say to yourself it's the OCD/anxiety NOT ME.

What kind of irrational thoughts are you having.

Dweeb
12-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I dont get them as much anymore but when my anxiety first started i had them all the time all day everyday.

And i was just sittin ere and thought about one off the things that i used to get so scared of and realised just how irrational i was being back then

Srm1135
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Same boat. My irrational thoughts started when I was 21 and I was too scared to tell anyone because I thought I would get locked up. It eventually led to a nervous breakdown and me seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I then found out that the thoughts were not very uncommon for someone who has what I have. But every now and then when the anxiety is bad they resurface.

Dweeb
12-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Mine wasnt so much about doin bad things or doing bad to others mine was more to do with health and like every infection was going to lead to septecemia and kill me or my daughter if she had an infection and things like that

Was very nasty everyday i was thinking that something bad was about to happen it was horrible

Srm1135
12-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I've had those too. It seems that the panic and OCD attack what you love most. It seems to feed of of it.

Dweeb
12-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah definetlely it does get better and it will get easier and eventually the irrational thoughts will calm down and slowly go away all together

CitrusTwist
12-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure if this is similar to what you're experiencing, but since about 2 weeks I began having negative thoughts about my relationship, even tho I am in a very happy and loving relationship, however when my anxiety levels have been low I realise how irrational my doubts are as my true feelings are clear as day. I haven't yet found a way of dealing and managing my irrational thoughts and I know it is my mind playing tricks on me but I can't make them go away, so if you know of any that have worked id love to know. Thanks =]. Sorry if it's completely off topic.

purpleorchid13
12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is similar to what you're experiencing, but since about 2 weeks I began having negative thoughts about my relationship, even tho I am in a very happy and loving relationship, however when my anxiety levels have been low I realise how irrational my doubts are as my true feelings are clear as day. I haven't yet found a way of dealing and managing my irrational thoughts and I know it is my mind playing tricks on me but I can't make them go away, so if you know of any that have worked id love to know. Thanks =]. Sorry if it's completely off topic. I've had this same problem for about a month. My anxiety targets my relationship. I recently moved so I don't see my boyfriend all the time, and now I have these thoughts that I don't want to be with him when I know I do. It's so frustrating and I don't know how to deal with them either

amaranthe
12-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes, happens to me too. The thoughts will start to take me over but then, eventually, I realize "wait a minute... that's really not going to happen!" I have to tell myself that a lot sometimes.