PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety when hangover is worse

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Anxiety is worse when I'm hangover ! Hate it !and I now this ain't anxiety related but Everytime I drink a lot of alcohol , just before I go to sleep I start shaking uncontrollably like I'm having a fit and then it causes me to get really anxious I'm just curious what this is ? Because it's never happend before , anyone now ? If I drink loads of water before I go to sleep it won't happen ? It's wired !!!

jessed03
12-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Some alcohol can give you the shakes, especially the colourful stuff like cocktails and alcopops.

What do you drink?

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 03:21 AM
I drink cocktails ! , sex on the beach , woo woo , drunken Santa, cheeky vimpto , and jäger bombs and stuff like that

jessed03
12-19-2013, 03:27 AM
You like fire bombs? Those are so nasty but people seem to love them.

Jäger actually makes me kinda shaky, but after a load, I kinda don't care, I just fall into bed lol

What's a drunken Santa anyway?

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Haha I love jägers ! It's horrible I got to drink loads of water before I go to sleep for it not to happen ! And last night I went out and I didn't drink any water and i was shaking like mad , it was like having a fit !! Scary haha ! I had it last night I've never heard of it either , just drank it, it tasted like purple rain

jessed03
12-19-2013, 03:42 AM
How bads your hangover today?

It isn't Christmas unless you have at least one bad hangover ;)

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Haha true true ! Well I'm on my way to casualty because I fell haha and I think I've broken my ankle ! Been a very good night ! My shoe and ankle has broke tho :L ! My hangover isn't to bad today than what it usualy is and I've drank more than what I usualy do :s haha

Ashlee13x
12-19-2013, 04:14 AM
I completely agree!! Having a hangover when you have anxiety is the worst!!! I wake up the next day and I feel soooo lightheaded and dizzy! and it lasts all day!!! soo horrible!! Do you take any meds for your anxiety??

jessed03
12-19-2013, 04:17 AM
Ouch!

What part of the world are you in? Is it daytime now, or does it still count as your night out?

I freakin' love how you may have broken your ankle, and your post still has so many haha's in it. That's awesome xD

Enduronman
12-19-2013, 04:22 AM
this is complete bulls**t, wake up, open this computer, and then have the sudden urge to make a bloody mary for breakfast...wtf. :)

jkb
12-19-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm sure that my legendary "3 day hangovers" that all my friends know about me is because of how for years I have had anxiety issues but not known. I rarely drink nowadays, it seemed to me that the more often I drank the worse those hangovers were.. my body and mind is just generally better.

Tips I have accrued trying to deal with hangovers:
Choose a drink. And stick with it. Don't mix drinks!
Avoid sugary drinks as best you can, so yeah your alcopops and some cocktails, all the sugar and crap dehydrates you even further. The main feature of hangovers is because of the dehydration to your body, alcohol and excessive sugars do that to you!
My recommended drink is something like vodka + fruit juice. The huge hit of fruit juices isn't ideal, but its better than some artificial flavours.
Don't drink cider. That is death in a can.
Beer can be ok, just again stick to it, those hangovers always feel different though.
Just don't over do it!

These are all general tips for hangovers but as an anxiety sufferer, I follow this and it helps me a lot, I went from 3 day hangovers to 2 day.. usually now 1 day as long as I do it right. Watch your levels of drink, you can still have a bloody good time and be drunk by just drinking one kind of drink and you'll have fun and not want to die the next day.. trust me.

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 04:31 AM
I'm living in United Kingdom so it's 11:30 am, I live in wales ! We're are u from? I hate having anxiety when I'm hangover it's awful!:(

Gemgem
12-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi Angharad,
I'm in Wales too, bout 14 miles from Swansea! Lots of alcohol makes my anxiety bad so I tend not to drink too much now xxx

Enduronman
12-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Bloody mary's are hangover proof!!...

Hangover cure=Have another drink!....:)

Enduronman
12-19-2013, 05:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2wjJlP2N4

Broke up wif ma gurl lass nite so I went to tha club....LMAO!!

jessed03
12-19-2013, 07:08 AM
I'm from London. Same time.

How's your foot?

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi Angharad, I'm in Wales too, bout 14 miles from Swansea! Lots of alcohol makes my anxiety bad so I tend not to drink too much now xxx aww waw ! Yeah I'm feeling really anxious today:( yeah I don't now when to stop drinking haha I can't just drink a little !

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm from London. Same time. How's your foot? oh right , killing me I went to hospital and they said I've spraind it ! Awchhhh :L my ankle is all swollen :/

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 08:05 AM
I completely agree!! Having a hangover when you have anxiety is the worst!!! I wake up the next day and I feel soooo lightheaded and dizzy! and it lasts all day!!! soo horrible!! Do you take any meds for your anxiety?? aww I now ineh! I got hell of a headache now and feel dizzy , I'm lying in bed haha ! No I don't, I do want to tho! Do u ? Can u recommend any good medication to take ?:L

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm sure that my legendary "3 day hangovers" that all my friends know about me is because of how for years I have had anxiety issues but not known. I rarely drink nowadays, it seemed to me that the more often I drank the worse those hangovers were.. my body and mind is just generally better. Tips I have accrued trying to deal with hangovers: Choose a drink. And stick with it. Don't mix drinks! Avoid sugary drinks as best you can, so yeah your alcopops and some cocktails, all the sugar and crap dehydrates you even further. The main feature of hangovers is because of the dehydration to your body, alcohol and excessive sugars do that to you! My recommended drink is something like vodka + fruit juice. The huge hit of fruit juices isn't ideal, but its better than some artificial flavours. Don't drink cider. That is death in a can. Beer can be ok, just again stick to it, those hangovers always feel different though. Just don't over do it! These are all general tips for hangovers but as an anxiety sufferer, I follow this and it helps me a lot, I went from 3 day hangovers to 2 day.. usually now 1 day as long as I do it right. Watch your levels of drink, you can still have a bloody good time and be drunk by just drinking one kind of drink and you'll have fun and not want to die the next day.. trust me. Aww thanks ! Yeah If I'm still able to walk when I get in from a night out I drink loads of water , coz my hangover ain't as bad in the morning plus I keep having these horrible shakes before I go to sleep after drinking a lot ! The worst hangover I had was when I drank rum and whiskey omg never again! Buzzzzin !!!:L

jessed03
12-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Your ankles not broken?

That calls for another drink!!

angharadp81
12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Your ankles not broken? That calls for another drink!! hahaha I now !!!! Get me some tequila haha jks I'm still recovering after last night ! U going out for Black Friday?

jessed03
12-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Miss Jägers in the hizz-ouse

I'm not gonna make it out. I'm a casualty.

You going out? You gonna tear it up?

angharadp81
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Haha why not ineh.
Nope I'm staying in my ankle is killing me ! I'm gutted tho haha:/ just done my room out and has a new bed so I'm lying in it all day haha ! Memory foam mattress lushhhh! Enjoy anyway!

cls1033
12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
anxiety and drinking no no no no. in order to help stop anxiety is to stop drinking or at least don't drink so much. better off to quit all together yeah it sucks but it is better than feeling like crap

jessed03
12-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Just got over Noro, I'm dead :-/ so gutted

One bad ankles keeping you inside? You know in the dark ages people used to drink alcohol before leg amputations.

Alcohol is the solution to leg pain! ;)

Gimme your mums number, I'm gonna call her, tell her to drag you down to a club!

angharadp81
12-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Haha so true ! Ahhh the weather was absooooo shait last night , it was puddling down , and thunder and lighting and wind , kinda glad I stayed in now haha !

Did u enjoy ?:)