PDA

View Full Version : Is it anxiety or an adverse reaction?

karebear73
12-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Have panic disorder generalized anxiety and ptsd. Been on clonazepam and seroquel but haven't slept past 3 am for 3 months. Dr put me on trazadone today to help with sleep. Took all 3 meds an hour ago and been having butterflies, twitches, dry mouth, and anxiety symptoms since worse yet....I'm wide awake! When I lack sleep (the nights I don't get more than 2 hours, I tend to be overcome by depression and suicidal thoughts though I don't have a plan I just get real down on myself). I'm peeing every 10 minutes my lower back hurts and I can't lay down. What's going on? I thought I'd get sleep for once and it's total opposite!

Enduronman
12-18-2013, 11:50 PM
KB,

I have seen this a time er two, out of 100's. Klonopin is the only benzo that has actually been shown to cause insomnia and excitability in some patients and when there are also thoughts of suicide, then this tells me that the klonopin is not the right benzo for you friend. You're in a very rare situation. Also, that seroquel would generally knock a grown man to the ground. Or my daughter out for 2 days, of which it did. Have you ever been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD? Just curious..The trazodone, I was prescribed as well, I took (1) time and had chest pains, arm pains, twitches, dry mouth, and anxiety thinking I needed to go to the ER. I never go to the ER and I didn't sleep at all either but I have ADD/ADHD and my mind works at 100mph at all times. Now, I'm up and it's 130am after sleeping for 2 hours. I will go back to sleep but this has something to do with the new anti-psychotic med I'm taking (which is awesome) but it also disrupts my sleep cycles and patterns too. Even though I take it at 8am. The pee thing is good, so drink more water until your body is done trying to pass this chemical concoction out.

It looks like your Doc is willing to work with you so since you've only got 4 post here, maybe you could let us know how long have you tried these meds, have you ever tried anything else, and how long have you been dealing with psychotic disorders, anxiety, PTSD?....

This may just be a simple switch in these meds and you'll be on the right track. Maybe even just drop that terrible trazodone and try like an ambien or a lunesta instead.

Interesting person for sure, kinda looks alot like what I experience without the depressive/scary thoughts..

Hmmm, it really looks like some changes need be made and there is even a better anti-psychotic then that seroquel too.

E-Man. :)

Enduronman
12-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Doh! sorry,..didn't answer the question...

Both..

(I am allergic to carbamazepine, flexoril, and trazodone..I believe the common connection between all them, at least two, maybe be sulfa or sulfur)...

E. :)