PDA

View Full Version : Blackmail

worriedmummy85
12-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Just had a lovely phone call off my boss asking what the situation was with my sick and I said well I don't know until I see the gp tomorrow

He then proceeded to tell me on top of pay day may I add that unless I go back on Monday I will only get paid statuary sick pay which I knew would happen at some point but he the proceeded to say but If I go back to work I will receive my full pay on Christmas Eve!!!

That's one way to stress someone out

Dweeb
12-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Thats bad

Dont feel rushed or pressurised into going back to work as that will only make ur anxiety go sky high again.

Return when you feel ready to :)

jkb
12-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Just had a lovely phone call off my boss asking what the situation was with my sick and I said well I don't know until I see the gp tomorrow

He then proceeded to tell me on top of pay day may I add that unless I go back on Monday I will only get paid statuary sick pay which I knew would happen at some point but he the proceeded to say but If I go back to work I will receive my full pay on Christmas Eve!!!

That's one way to stress someone out

Yikes. Forget about the money and all that, whats most important is your health, if you feel you could go back to work then it may be worth trying. But! If in all honesty you do not feel ready, it is a simple answer.

jessed03
12-18-2013, 02:46 PM
What a nice ultimatum, just before Christmas :-/

Do you have any feeling one way or another what you'll do yet?

worriedmummy85
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
What a nice ultimatum, just before Christmas :-/

Do you have any feeling one way or another what you'll do yet?

I will go back when I am ready as I won't loose that much money because I am only part time

JustAnotherMe
12-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Damn right, money means nothing if you're not feeling right. Look after number one.

Lee Grant Irons
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
He was not necessarily being mean or trying to force you back to work. It is better to assume that was giving you the information you needed to make the best decision for you. This gives you a more positive outlook, which does not feed your anxiety.

JLK
12-18-2013, 08:38 PM
I'd have to agree with Lee. I don't think he was being mean. With anxiety, we tend to take things super personally and over react. Your boss is just trying to staff his business and explain the sick leave situation to you. Take the information, process it, and make the best decision for you. :)

jessed03
12-19-2013, 01:48 AM
I will go back when I am ready as I won't loose that much money because I am only part time

Good for you Mummy! Healths gotta be #1