PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Dweeb
12-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Does anyone drink alcohol while dealing with anxiety?
And if so wat medication are u on?
Can u drink on propranolol and sertraline?

Just hopin to have a little drink over the xmas and new year period and its ma bday soon aswel so would like to drink for that

embrace123
12-18-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not saying you should drink but if you do make sure you don't take your meds that day. I drink sometime. I'm also
On propanolol but I don't take the pill that day..

Dweeb
12-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah i havent drank any alcohol at all since my anxiety started in august thats why i'm unsure on whether i can drink whilst on these medications!

How do u normally feel after having a drink? Is your anxiety worse the day after?

worriedmummy85
12-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah i havent drank any alcohol at all since my anxiety started in august thats why i'm unsure on whether i can drink whilst on these medications!

How do u normally feel after having a drink? Is your anxiety worse the day after?

I have had a drink on both these meds infact a few times and nothing happened

JustAnotherMe
12-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I've drank quite a few times on these and been okay. I don't feel more anxious the next day from it, unless I'm overly tired but that's more from the lack of energy to fight it than the meds.

Long term affects of drinking on the meds, I have no idea...

Be careful in general if you haven't drunk in 6 months, you'll get tipsy very quickly and depending on your type of anxiety (and what type of drunk you are on whatever you are drinking) the sudden lack of control might trigger something. Or you could have an awesome time and blow off some steam.