PDA

View Full Version : Pcos

samanthajayne24
12-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi ladies

Does anyone suffer with poly cystic ovarian syndrome and anxiety and is there a link between the both. I have been diagnosed with this and wondering if it has anything to do with hormones and anxiety x. X

Dweeb
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Ive also just been diagnosed with a haemorrogic cyst on my left ovary

Lee Grant Irons
12-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Hi samanthajayne,

I am not a lady, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL I have been a patient advocate for a lot of women who had PCOS and thyroid disorder at the same time. PCOS and other hormone challenges tend to go together, especially thyroid disorder. Thyroid disorder definitely can have anxiety as a symptom. That is because every cell in the body, including cells in your brain, use thyroid hormone to function properly. If you have too much or too little thyroid hormone, your brain cells can malfunction, resulting in symptoms such as depression and anxiety.

The doctor who diagnosed you should be checking for other hormone imbalances, or should refer you back to your primary care doctor to check.

samanthajayne24
12-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Thank you lee. I am due to see him In the new year so I will mention it to him

Gemgem
12-18-2013, 03:52 AM
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago and am suffering with anxiety but this has only surfaced in the last few months, I'm not sure if there's a link but definitely worth asking my Doctor!

I know my PMS lasts 2 weeks at a time, that's bad enough! Lol x