PDA

View Full Version : Extremly scared throbbing please help

Sam205
12-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Well im a 14 year old male and i just felt my pulse in my suprasternal notch or the hollow space or hole in the bottom of your neck. I felt this and got scared and started googling it and now my heart is ounding and my chest is getting tight and i feel like im about to get an anxiety attack. I keep thinking chest pains are heart related but i just went to cardiologist and had a ecg and ekg and everything was fine and i was told it almost certain panic attacks. I also never had anixety in my life before so this was a suprise. But now i feel my whole neck pulsating and im getting scared that somethings wrong. Please help is this normal to feel pulse in suprasternal notch. Also i dont see it when im in the mirror but i feel it when i put my finger there even softly

mykids12
12-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Yep, that where I check to see if my heart is beating really fast :)

Sam205
12-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Thats only when i start getting scared and start thinking its other problems not anxiety

Sam205
12-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah i never had anything to stress about i just got it randomly one day and i usualyl google every little thing im worried about and that only makes it worse. i cant help it.. Ill check that website out thanks

Sam205
12-16-2013, 05:55 PM
we all sort of started like that .

You have to have faith that it is just anxiety and nothing else . It is the endless searching for other things that will keep you stressed out.

When your mind and body settles the symptoms will go away .

You had any blood tests done ?

You say that you have always googled , it is the devil if you are looking at the wrong things .
Yeah i had it done 2 weeks ago and my cardiologist looked at them this past Friday and all the cells and heart enzymes and everything was fine

Enduronman
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Tip one DONT GOGGLE!!!

................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

winnwinn
12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Others are right, 'googling' is THE worst thing you can do in a situation like this. I PROMISE YOU, YOU ARE NOT DYING! It only feels like it and it is terrifying, I know. You are having what sounds like Panic Attacks, which are a lot stronger than your average run-of-the-mill 'anxiety' attacks. You are PERFECTLY normal, and you need to keep reminding yourself that, and perhaps find comfort in knowing that if your heart is racing, you can't be dead or even dying. Also, there are MULTIPLE places on the human body to check for a pulse, so that's a GOOD thing that you can feel yours (Learned that in CPR class).

JLBnole68
12-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Don't goggle OR Google.