PDA

View Full Version : 8 Tips That Might Help Your Anxiety

babycristy
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
hi guys, I just registered yesturday, and I must admit I am excited to have found this forum. Although I am fairly new, I felt compelled to post this topic. I was going to put this on the Resource section, but I could not find the link to the website again. This is the list that I took of few things one can do by themselves, without the use of any medications, that can decrease anxiety by taking care of one's biological aspect.

1. Stay away from caffeine.
2. No alcohol
3. Eat complex carbs when feeling anxious (They take longer to break down in your system)
4. Multivitamins and Minerals
5. Keep Yourelf hydrated
6. Seek herbal remedies (consult a physician first)
7. Excercise (I feel this can be the best thing, but its also the hardest thing to get up and do :roll:
8. Practice breathing techniques (in through your nose and out through your mouth).

Yea these things do not work instantly but I have found that keeping away from caffeine has helped and alcohol (I used to get wasted about 3 times a week during high school and the hang overs would escalate my anxiety, but have not taken a sip for 1 yr and a half and I have noticed the difference.) To the exercise comment, I think it is the most important to do but since I am lazy as hell, I am trying to at least do a good stretch daily because it decreases muscle aches and back pains, which make me feel tired and old, and depressed as well.

Like I said, this list I got from online, but could not find it. If anyone finds it, please post it up. But you can still look into these techniques and see how they can work for you.

I personally feel that it is very important to start at "home" and help yourself to the fullest. One can couple these things (and many more techniques) with medications and therapy.

If these have worked for anyone here, post your experience too :D

scatmantom
10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
looks like good advice...my doctor recommended that I did regular exercise....im such a fool...i still havnt started doing any....im just lazy.
I totally understand wot u mean by the hang overs....when i hav a hang over it feels like the world is gonna end...my anxiety and hangovers are good mates and they love to toil with me!!
I dont really wanna give up drinking tho...im only 20 and want to be able to hav the odd beer!

babycristy
10-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I know what you mean , well I loved drinking and would still be doing it but my anxiety arose not only from the actual alcohol but a mixture of being hung over and making bad choices when I drank. :cry:

scatmantom
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
oh right well i understand you totally then...especially about decisions when drunk....i hate gettin totally drunk...but having a few is good for me sometimes cos it means i can relax...but i also see that its not a long term solution.

shoe
11-01-2005, 09:17 AM
babycristy, thanks for posting that. They are definitely good suggestions =)