PDA

View Full Version : feeling a little panicky from ibs

meichmann
12-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone,
Feeling a little panicky about now. My ibs kicked in today and now my mind is racing with thoughts of vomiting and coming down with something. I know its just ibs and I'm not getting sick. I'm doing the best I can to keep the anxiety in check and believe me, coming here helps immensely.

Enduronman
12-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Not real familiar with it friend but I also have an auto-immune issue too. What do they give you to treat this? Do you have a special diet like I have to follow daily to help with mine?..

E. :)

meichmann
12-15-2013, 06:22 PM
ibs is irritable bowel syndrome. I 've had it since I was 16. I really cant take anything for it since I've tried just about everything. I just have to keep my diet bland with no spices and have to watch the lactose since I am lactose intolerant as well. I also have to keep my daily fiber intake up.

I do feel a little better now since I've been relaxing on the bed watching football.

Enduronman
12-15-2013, 06:27 PM
That would be great if there were meds that would help, but I understand that part too.

I also get the bland diet thing also, it does help.

I can't have any lactose either.

What about any natural supplements or herbs, ever tried those?

E.

meichmann
12-16-2013, 08:15 AM
I haven't tried any natural supplements. i'm more leary of them. A natural supplement doesn't necessarily mean it's good for you, plus I worry about interactions with my current meds

jessed03
12-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Have you tried acidophilus?

Rhi519
12-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Colpermin ibs relief helps my mom with her ibs, she swears by them..you can get them in supermarkets in the uk, theyre about £5 - maybe look them up. Is part of your anxiety worry about being ill/sick?
Rhiannon