PDA

View Full Version : Tmj

mistiblue
12-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Does anyone else have this? Mine is acting up really bad after having a root canal last week. I wake up and my jaws are misaligned and sore. Today, keep getting these sharp pains in my jaws and neck, this is a new symptom, so I was just wondering if this is a normal symptom for TMJ. It's making my anxiety flare because of the pains. Any new symptoms send me into panic mode.

Lee Grant Irons
12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
There is a bundle of nerves that extend from each temporomandibular joint into each cheek. These can be acerbated by a number of things. One is the misalignment or misfunction of the jaw commonly refereed to as TMJ disorder. Another is a plugged up saliva gland. Another is a plugged up lymph node. The latter two can be caused by dehydration associated with taking antihistamine or allergy medicine.

mistiblue
12-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Thanks Lee. I'm pretty sure it's my TMJ because it's on both sides and my jaw is stiff and sore. Stinks feeling like I'm falling a part :(

Lee Grant Irons
12-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I hear ya'. My TMJ pain acts up on my right side very once in a while. It seems to be acerbated by muscle tension in the neck for me. Perhaps getting some neck and shoulder massages will ease it up a bit.