PDA

View Full Version : Chest problems

emtw12
12-15-2013, 03:14 AM
hi.

I do already get chest pains and stuff but they've been ok lately. But yesterday night just before bed I had a feeling in the centre of my chest which obviously worried me so went straight to lie in bed and try relax. Then I had another few feelings one of them felt like my heart/chest was jumping/shaking at the same time anyone had this?

Enduronman
12-15-2013, 03:34 AM
omeprazole will take care of that just fine...

Have a good day! :)

emtw12
12-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks anyone else?

jkb
12-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Dealt with this for years. I'm used to it now, but as per Enduronman's recommendation I will be trying out omeprazole tomorrow; I will let you know how it goes.

I get all sorts of chest issues. Pressure, air bubble, stabbing, muscle spasm, heavy heartbeat. It doesn't affect my anxiety massively anymore because I'm so used to it and know it isn't major.

emtw12
12-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I got given some reflux tablets I'm thinking I may start them

jkb
12-16-2013, 03:41 AM
I got given some reflux tablets I'm thinking I may start them

Give then a go, and let us know how they work out for you. What are they exactly? Would be beneficial for the rest of us :)

embrace123
12-16-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm having chest problems also. It hurts when u sleep on my stomach

jkb
12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm having chest problems also. It hurts when u sleep on my stomach

For me it feels uncomfortable when I sleep on my left side, feels like pressure on my chest/heart and starts up a bunch of anxiety. Avoid those positions. Flat with arms over my head sprawled all lazy like works best for me.

Enduronman
12-16-2013, 12:38 PM
You should try the same medication too Embrace, it may help you alot...:)

embrace123
12-16-2013, 12:40 PM
What kind? I keep thinking I have a heart problem

jkb
12-16-2013, 12:44 PM
What kind? I keep thinking I have a heart problem

Yeah that's what we call anxiety I'm afraid! It's such a bitch! Have you had the basic checks done about it? Don't get worried about it or anything because you don't need to, but if you feel uncomfortable with your heart then just let your doctor know, and they'll most likely get you checked out just for safety. Beyond that it's all in your head, I have nasty chest pressure right now but I KNOW its nothing to be worried about.

Speak to your doc about sorting out acid reflux which might help if you have any pains, pressure, etc on the chest.

Speak to your doc also about finding out if theres any meds you should be taking to help with what seems like obvious anxiety to me

embrace123
12-16-2013, 12:49 PM
I've had basic test done on the heart, I've had 9 EKG blood work and 3 chest X-rays and everything came back normal, I'm starting to thick it is a heart problem I'm already on acid pills.. I have pain in middle of my chest/pressure I've been going through this for 2 months yesterday the pain from a rate of 1/10 I'll give it a 4.. But today it's back at about a 10..

jkb
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
I've had basic test done on the heart, I've had 9 EKG blood work and 3 chest X-rays and everything came back normal, I'm starting to thick it is a heart problem I'm already on acid pills.. I have pain in middle of my chest/pressure I've been going through this for 2 months yesterday the pain from a rate of 1/10 I'll give it a 4.. But today it's back at about a 10..

Yeah sounds bloody familiar to me. You don't have heart problems Embrace, it is extremely very highly unlikely, it is purely anxiety that causes this. There was a time when I got rid of it completely, here's what I did:

Exercised regularly
Changed my diet to healthier
Stopped smoking
Drank considerably less alcohol
Got out of the house every day and made every day productive

^ The above is my cure for anxiety naturally.. It worked for me once when I didn't know I even had anxiety, all the chest pains went away for a long time until recently. How many of the above can you tick?

embrace123
12-16-2013, 12:58 PM
I can try all of them.. I wonder do EKG show heart problems ... Have you had that test?

jkb
12-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I can try all of them.. I wonder do EKG show heart problems ... Have you had that test?

You can tick all of them did you mean to say? Yes as far as I know EKG show heart problems, from what I was told the information that it generates provides a clear picture of the heart as it is now, what it has been like in recent past, and helps to project what might appear in the future. I don't know how, but thats my understanding of it! This includes electrical signals of the body, heart beat and rhythm, etc.

embrace123
12-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Yess that's what I meant... I hope if there was a heart problem the EKG would show something

jkb
12-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Yess that's what I meant... I hope if there was a heart problem the EKG would show something

It would Embrace, it really would. You're covered really from EKG and chest X-rays, I've had them (albeit only once) but they are accurate and show any sorts of 'signs' that there is a problem or one that could develop.

If you can tick all the things I said, you are a healthy and fit person, and your mind is still focusing on these thoughts so strongly, then it is obvious you have real trouble dealing with anxiety, which causes these thoughts and obsessions. You said you're on acid pills, what exactly?
I think you should speak to your doctor about starting medication to handle your anxiety, I'm 4 days in and I'm already feeling massive benefits, you gotta get through a rough couple days but as long as you just have chillax time and stay in bed watching feel good films, once you get through to the other side it feels good, every day I see progression in myself through medication.

embrace123
12-16-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm on a med for anxiety but only take it when needed. I take lorazepam 1mg for the anxiety, and I can't remember at the moment what acid reflex pill
I take..

jkb
12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm on a med for anxiety but only take it when needed. I take lorazepam 1mg for the anxiety, and I can't remember at the moment what acid reflex pill
I take..

OK so from what I understand Lorazepam is a short-term anxiety fix. How does it work for you when you do take it? I assume you'll take it when you feel intense bouts of anxiety coming on.
Do you think you might be better suited to an ongoing medication for the anxiety? It is obviously affecting your daily life, right? Might be time to discuss further options with your doctor, let them know that the anxiety is becoming too frequent. The chest stuff is all anxiety related, the way you talk about your heart; it's just pure worry isn't it? When you have no real reason to be worried about it. Anxiety is taking over Embrace, time to grab back the control!

embrace123
12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
I kno I've been having anxiety for 2years now and thought I was over the anxiety but when my aunt died in oct I've been in this constant chest pains aches pressure dizzyNess etc I can go
On. And these chest pains are real and scary ..

jkb
12-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I kno I've been having anxiety for 2years now and thought I was over the anxiety but when my aunt died in oct I've been in this constant chest pains aches pressure dizzyNess etc I can go
On. And these chest pains are real and scary ..

Are you still using the Lorazepam Embrace? Does it help when you do?
It will really help if you try omeprazole to fix the acid!, which is a contributor to chest problems. Embrace please believe me, you know it yourself deep down, you've had them for so long and had so many EKG's and chest X-rays and yet.. Nothing! What does this tell you, you know it to be true, there is only one answer to this Embrace and it is anxiety with acid.

Please give omeprazole a try, it is different to normal anti-acid's and can be prescribed if you speak to your doc about it.

embrace123
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
That's actually the one I take.. Now I'm having left arm pit pain that's kinda a burning feeling etc and now back pain. Have you had this?

jkb
12-16-2013, 03:13 PM
That's actually the one I take.. Now I'm having left arm pit pain that's kinda a burning feeling etc and now back pain. Have you had this?

I've definitely had feelings spread right through to the back, yep. Sometimes strange feelings in my left arm too. Don't over react, it's increasing as your anxiety increases.

Make sure you take your Lorazepam. And your Omeprazole as it is prescribed. These will reduce all these effects.

emtw12
12-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Hi jkb it's lansoprazole I've been given :) do you know if that's any good? I have pain in my chest every day without fail sharp pain in the left side of chest and little pain and discomfort in the centre, sometimes the right too, have you noticed most your symptoms are at one side though?? I get left sided arm weakness too :( had it about 4 month now and chest pain about 8 month and the shortness of breathe about 9. (I've got breathing tests on the 23rd) I've noticed I feel the chest pains more at night time lately too.. I think it could be to do with my breathing as I notice when I'm relaxing I'm not breathing properly, x

Sharon18
12-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Dealt with this for years. I'm used to it now, but as per Enduronman's recommendation I will be trying out omeprazole tomorrow; I will let you know how it goes.

I get all sorts of chest issues. Pressure, air bubble, stabbing, muscle spasm, heavy heartbeat. It doesn't affect my anxiety massively anymore because I'm so used to it and know it isn't major.

Me too...i.get all of this...

vonnhelsing
12-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Having pretty bad chest pains right now.. but I know its related to my ibs and acid reflux. Everytime its time to do a #2 in the toilet I get these chest pains.

Enduronman
12-17-2013, 08:35 AM
PLLLEEEAAASSSEEEEEE try some omeprazole.....perrtttyyyy pleeasseeee!!! :D

ens22108
12-17-2013, 10:12 PM
I get absolutely all of this.. I've had EKG, 24 hour holter monitor, blood work. All said my heart was fine. I just find it extremely hard to believe when I'm like this everyday. I get the left arm pain, left side of chest pain, feeling like a 500lb man is sitting on my chest, hard to breath, heavy beating. I am hyper aware of my heart. It's always pounding or beating faster than normal. I have heart palps just about every day all day. I'm worried about giving myself a stress heart attack. My back has been hurting so bad lately too. Blah. I just want to live a normal life where I don't feel like I'm going to die everyday

embrace123
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM
In going through this to. I y'all pain a more throbbing pain or sharp pains ?