PDA

View Full Version : I feel panicked because there's nothing I can do to make things better.

Gingerbreadelf
12-14-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm lonely as hell, I have no friend online or off. I spend everyday alone, I'm unemployed, can't find anyone who wants to hire me.

I just don't have anybody. I had a relationship that went terribly wrong, I don't feel like even attempting to talk to another guy right now.

I made some videos of a video game, put a lot of work into them, no one even looks at them. I can't seem to fit in anywhere I go and make friends.

At this point, I don't even know what I want out of life anymore, and I wonder if there really is any point to continuing on when I am such a failure.

I'm tired of suffering every day with anxiety, but I can't seem to make things better no matter how I try.

What should I do?

jessed03
12-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Upload your vids, I'll view them ;)

Gingerbreadelf
12-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Aw, well thanks, you don't have to view them. I just feel like I fail at doing anything. :(

vonnhelsing
12-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Gingerbreadelf.. we all get times of uncertainty.. where we have no idea where we're going in life.. let it come to you. It will sooner or later..
Im a gamer, definitely give us the link to your video!

NeverToo...Fear
12-14-2013, 08:23 AM
I want to view them too, Ginger ! Something you put a lot of work into should never be left unwatched...... :)

As far as life goes, I'm sorry you are feeling lonely and suffering with anxiety.... those feelings can really make you feel like that there's no point to life and you really just want to sink into a pit and disappear.....but that would only make the problem worse, wouldn't it? Life, the universe, things just seem to want to knock you down, but it's your choice if you stay down...you can get back up and keep fighting. You fight because it has to get easier.. you fight to make a change because you don't like where you are.. by fighting and trying you've got the best chance for things to get better.

Gingerbreadelf
12-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys, I very much appreciate these answers, it's helped getting this off my chest to people who can understand.

haha, thanks again for wanting to see my video, but that's okay, I just wanted to vent is all. <3

Enduronman
12-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Success!! A haha and a heart!

:D

Steven Daws
12-14-2013, 01:46 PM
It's good to get things off your chest, that is what is so good about this forum, most people have been right where you are now. I get times when I think that I have nothing to show for my life, but, life isn't over yet, there is still time to realise your dreams.

JustAnotherMe
12-14-2013, 03:31 PM
"I feel panicked because there's nothing I can do to make things better."

But there is, you already took the most important step by posting on here. I get the whole feeling of hopelessness, as I'm sure many people here do, and it's horrible but you're not alone, friend. You're reaching out on here and that's not to be underestimated. There's a lot of love in this place, as I'm beginning to find, and you're included in that.

Venting is really good and really important. Next step? Choose one thing. Something small that you want to achieve. I'm not talking about "Make myself happy". I'm talking about something small, immediate and achievable within a day. Something that gives you a boost, no matter how small. After that? Choose another. Small steps mate.

One step at a time.

jessed03
12-15-2013, 03:21 AM
You should still post your vids :)

I'm quite big into editing, and animation and stuff, so I always like watching people's vids.

Plus the two girls above are both super cute (obviously), but massive nerds too ;)... They'd like to see as well.

Enduronman
12-15-2013, 03:31 AM
why thank you for the compliment Jesse,..and yer super cute too...nerd. :)

Lee Grant Irons
12-15-2013, 02:08 PM
NeverTooFear gave a very good point about never giving up. It is a matter of perspective. Make life a chalenge to be conquered, and not just a pleasure to be experienced. Yes, we all want pleasure and enjoyment, and those times will come, as long as you don't give up the fight.

JustAnotherMe made a very good point about starting with something small. Something you can accomplish. I would suggest that you gear this effort towards one of your problems, such as "I can't seem to fit in anywhere I go and make friends."

So everyone, let's help with brainstorming. What are some things any of you have done that helped you relatively easily make some friends that you actually do things with. I will start. Let me see if we can leverage your interests. I like gaming, though I originally come from the world of table top and role-playing games. I found that I relatively easily make new friends by joining a local gaming group. You can usually find these at local gaming stores; the types of stores that have tables set up inside of them so people can play pick-up games. Just go to the store, find out if there are any open gaming groups and when they meet, and then show up, learn how to play the game they play. Pretty soon, you will get to know these people more and start doing other things with them.