PDA

View Full Version : ran/walked my first marathon today :)

vonnhelsing
12-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Was so happy with myself. I have severe claustrophobia and there were 8,500 people running the marathon. When I arrived and saw the humongous crowd I almost chickened out, I was terrified and wanted to leave but with the help of my extremely happy and positive best friend I went right in the middle of the crowd and walked/ran the whole 5kms.
I felt invincible afterwards.
It feels so good to stand up to your fears. Fight the things that scare you the most.. (unless the thing u fear most are great white sharks and stuff. dont fight them)

jessed03
12-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Awesome VH... :)

Did you do it in a good time?

I remember when I first started running again, I spent a few weeks doing a slow jog, then out if nowhere just sprinted until I was exhausted. Just that feeling of 'breaking out', pushing things a bit, felt amazing. I was like 'Hey! Maybe this body's not so broken after all!!'

vonnhelsing
12-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Well I pretty much walked the whole 5k so I finished it after 30 minutes : p
It does really feel great to break free.. it feels great being able to tell yourself that the broken body you thought you were having is actually in good form..

jessed03
12-14-2013, 07:32 AM
You think you'll have a little more faith in your body now, and be able to dismiss panic attacks better? It's gotta give you a lot of confidence, surely!

I dont think people on the verge of death are able to do 5ks that easily :p

NeverToo...Fear
12-14-2013, 08:30 AM
This is great news, Vonn... good job! I'm glad you had your best friend there to help you through it..... :)

There's nothing like facing your fears and overcoming them, huh? Makes one feel exactly how you described; invincible. Hopefully this will build up confidence and you can keep tackling your fears.

jessed03
12-14-2013, 08:50 AM
This is great news, Vonn... good job! I'm glad you had your best friend there to help you through it..... :)

There's nothing like facing your fears and overcoming them, huh? Makes one feel exactly how you described; invincible. Hopefully this will build up confidence and you can keep tackling your fears.

You use the word 'one' to describe people.

I'll holla <3 :D

worriedmummy85
12-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Ah well done Hun I am glad you faced your fears today

vonnhelsing
12-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys :-)
On to the next battles!!!