PDA

View Full Version : How long before the nausea subsides?

kris123
12-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I just increased my dose of celexa 20mg yesterday. This evening I have been rather nauseous and on the verge of vomiting. How long should I expect this to last?

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 03:25 PM
If it does this, take it with some food instead of just liquids Kris..and just curious but do you take it in the evenings?

kris123
12-13-2013, 03:28 PM
If it does this, take it with some food instead of just liquids Kris..and just curious but do you take it in the evenings? I take it in the morning on an empty stomach. I don't have much of an appetite lately.

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 03:32 PM
That's why you're nauseated friend...:(

kris123
12-14-2013, 02:00 PM
That's why you're nauseated friend...:( I took your advice today and ate food before taking my meds and I've had minimal to no nausea today. I know it seems like common sense but I've not had much of an appetite lately so I wasn't eating. This morning I forced a piece of toast down.

Enduronman
12-14-2013, 02:20 PM
YAY!!!! Gotta give your stomach something else to do besides focus all of it's acids and digestive abilities on a tiny tablet. The better that you eat (more than a piece of toast) the better you will feel Kris...:)

kris123
12-14-2013, 02:22 PM
YAY!!!! Gotta give your stomach something else to do besides focus all of it's acids and digestive abilities on a tiny tablet. The better that you eat (more than a piece of toast) the better you will feel Kris...:) I'm working on that...:)

Enduronman
12-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Ok! Can you eat (1) egg with (1) teaspoon of olive oil on it and (1) piece of toast and (1) small glass of juice in the am??????????.....GOAL!!!! :D

kris123
12-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Ok! Can you eat (1) egg with (1) teaspoon of olive oil on it and (1) piece of toast and (1) small glass of juice in the am??????????.....GOAL!!!! :D dont like eggs...lol. Honestly, I've never been a breakfast person. Which makes it even harder to eat that early in the morning. But I will eat something in the morning...maybe 2 pieces of toast...haha

Enduronman
12-14-2013, 02:47 PM
OMG!!...quick lesson
It's called breakfast becauseeeeeeee.....you break-a-fast...
You gotta try to become a break-a-fast person with those meds and it truly is the most IMPORTANT meal of the day....
Ok, (2) pieces of toast but try to add some more foods! (proteins, fats, and also carbs (bread)..)

kris123
12-14-2013, 02:49 PM
OMG!!...quick lesson It's called breakfast becauseeeeeeee.....you break-a-fast... You gotta try to become a break-a-fast person with those meds and it truly is the most IMPORTANT meal of the day.... Ok, (2) pieces of toast but try to add some more foods! (proteins, fats, and also carbs (bread)..) lol. I've been schooled! I know,I know. It's a hard habit to break. But I promise I will eat before I take my meds.

Enduronman
12-14-2013, 02:49 PM
The olive oil is an EFA (ESSENTIAL fatty acid) which = better brain function.
No EFA's = possible poor brain function/anxiety/depression/panic....yadd yaddddaaa!!! :)