PDA

View Full Version : Scary heart

manz82
12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
During a pretty bad panic attack today I felt my heart miss a couple of beats and it scared the shit out of me!
Has anyone else ever experienced this during an attack and how can I stop it from happening again?

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Ask the Doc for some beta-blockers...

artaud
12-13-2013, 02:52 PM
During a pretty bad panic attack today I felt my heart miss a couple of beats and it scared the shit out of me!
Has anyone else ever experienced this during an attack and how can I stop it from happening again?

Alas, the miss-beat issue, so common for anxiety sufferers and non sufferers alike. The best thing to do would not be to focus on them. I get hundreds to thousands on a normal day, I've written to people on forums that have 10,000 a day. I've had 25+ since I started to write this reply.

If you continue to get them, or if you get them on exertion, see your doctor to be sure nothing's wrong. But rest assured, many many people get them and many aren't even aware of it.

In a structurally normal heart with no abnormalities in the EKG (other than the miss-beats) they are of no significance.

manz82
12-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Thank you for your replies. Anxiety sucks!

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
I fully agree with both comments!!!