PDA

View Full Version : what the hell was thaaat?

vonnhelsing
12-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh god. Majorly freaking out.
Just had a really really painful heart beat. Felt like my heart stopped beating for a few seconds then beat again but very hard and with multiple beats in one. Completely took my breath away.
What is this called?
Im supposed to run a 5km marathon tomorrow morning. Maybe not such a good idea?

worriedmummy85
12-13-2013, 01:37 PM
It's a palpitation Hun I had one if these 3 days after my first panic attack I actually thought my heart jumped out my chest and I had a panic attack in a shop

You will be fine to run Hun try not to be freaked out as it will feed the palps try tell yourself it was a palp and nothing to worry about

sazaroo
12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh god. Majorly freaking out.
Just had a really really painful heart beat. Felt like my heart stopped beating for a few seconds then beat again but very hard and with multiple beats in one. Completely took my breath away.
What is this called?
Im supposed to run a 5km marathon tomorrow morning. Maybe not such a good idea?

I get them when im worried and nerves about something I had them for a hole day was horrible and that was due to moving house, you be just fine hunnii :-)

artaud
12-13-2013, 03:37 PM
...had a really really painful heart beat. Felt like my heart stopped beating for a few seconds then beat again but very hard and with multiple beats in one. Completely took my breath away.
What is this called? Im supposed to run a 5km marathon tomorrow morning. Maybe not such a good idea?

If I remember correctly, you said you have miss-beats under exertion.

1. Have you been examined by a doctor after telling him/her you had them on exertion?

2. How many do you get on exertion? (A few that clear, continuously, mostly as your heart is slowing after exertion, etc.)

3. Are you a regular marathon runner?

4. If so, during your running experience, is it common for you to get them?

What you probably felt was what is called a "Premature Ventricular Contraction" or PVC for short. Many people get them, they are most frequently benign, but if you get more than a few here and there or if you get them under exertion, a doctor should do tests (EKG, Holter Monitor, Stress Test, etc. as is deemed appropriate by the doctor) to be sure they are not the sign of something more serious.

If you should run or not run, depends on you, use the above questions as a guide. Will you run in hot, mid, or cold temperatures as extremes will pose additional burdens.

NixonRulz
12-13-2013, 04:39 PM
I've had PVC's and was diagnosed with them at age 12

They are harmless but even today, they take my breath away

The important thing to do is not react to what is called the "second fear."

Essentially not letting the trigger by a heart palpitation or PVC cause you to go down a path of thinking heart attack or stroke

Feel it come....then let it go

Go run really really fast