PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in my left cheek and nose

Blessed
12-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Is this normal? Is this safe I am really freaking out is this a sign of a stroke should I stop worrying please someone answer my questions as I am terrified thank you

jessed03
12-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Unless you have other symptoms, I would say it's very normal yes. I get this if I've been in the cold a little long, if I've laughed a little hard, I used to get it a lot when I had anxiety.

How old are you Blessed if you don't mind me asking? You ask health questions sometimes, always good to know how old the person is, just to get a better idea!

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Chillax B!...

It isn't a sign of a stroke,..... Are you taking your beta blockers???????

Blessed
12-13-2013, 10:58 AM
No E not yet, still scared. I am 33 and am obviously Scared of my own shadow this bites!

jessed03
12-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Ah ok, still young.

Hopefully the beta blockers will help if you take them. They should be able to stop some of the nasty symptoms, and that should help your mind calm a bit. It's darn scary for everyone when things start coming up out of nowhere. Far easier to get things together when these odds symptoms aren't there!!

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Honestly friend, you need an anti-psychotic to break this torment and cycle and also a therapist too. I hate to see you petrified and horrified all the time for no real cause or reasons at all....Think about it. PLEASE!!!! :D

Blessed
12-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Ok cause I canny deal with this. It's lasted over an hour what can I do to make it stop ?

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Take 25mg of atenolol..to lower the heart rate, blood pumping, hard internal workings of your system as you freak out about it but it's nothing. Then go see a therapist, and be honest with them as you are here...Tell them you're a hypochondriac. None of them know this, yet...PLEASE!!!

jessed03
12-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Ok cause I canny deal with this. It's lasted over an hour what can I do to make it stop ?

If you have a benzo, that should relax you a little.

Blessed
12-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I took one no help so far I'm really really trying to stay calm. should I go to doctor or just shut up, believe me I'm tired of being so scared the time

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Stay calm....and then think about the next step.

mbie11
12-13-2013, 12:08 PM
I've had a weird numb tingling sensation in my left cheek right under the bone for weeks. It's really tender. I think it's from tension in my neck and gave muscles from stress/anxiety. Or it could be TMJ. Doesn't sound like a stroke.

Blessed
12-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Stay calm....and then think about the next step. u ever heard of Bell's palsy? Could it be that? I mean I hate to get all paranoid but I'm so hypersensitive to anything odd or different with my body.

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes I have, and I've met someone with it. BUT that is NOT what you have...The guy couldn't move the left side of his mouth. Stop researching!!! S**t if all I did was research I'd have everything under the sun!! :D

Blessed
12-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes I totally agree I feel I need to have my computer and phone privileges taken away until I can learn how to use them wisely. Google has become my worst enemy . Anything frightening that I read I get that burning gnawing feeling in my chest and the heart flutters and palpitations start and then I start freaking out because I'm thinking oh no that's me what do I do it really sucks

Enduronman
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
It becomes an addiction..except, it isn't entertaining in any way. Stop yourself B!...
I won't even pick up a game controller, go into an arcade, be near a pinball machine, play an online game, because I KNOW what's going to happen....
Weights used to be my thing, but of course, I can't touch them now either. WAAH!!!
My new addiction? Watching all these people, try to help other people get better...(oh s**t, that was emotion that I am to not reveal to anyone!!!!) Ctrl/alt/del!!!!//LMAO!

Blessed
12-13-2013, 06:29 PM
It's been 8 hours still doing it what gives ????