PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Dweeb
12-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Was just wondering for the people who have overcome anxiety how long was you suffering from it before u overcome it?

Enduronman
12-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Dweeb!

46 yrs ago this month I was born, with anxiety. And a slew of other things too. Before I write and entire page, I was the only child that couldn't nap with the 17 others as we were supposed to do daily. I had to look at a book, that I couldn't read.
Some of us never overcome it, we control it. Considering mine is genetic, it will always be there but it doesn't control me.
Some of us got anxiety over a specific moment, event, something that happened. That may never leave their thoughts or mind, but they again, control it.
So, before I don't stop typing here. Once you learn to accept whatever it is that caused it, then that's when you learn coping skills and ways to "manage it".
The word "cured" is used loosely around many places but are we ever really "cured"....No.
We are maintaning, composure and control.
You ready to overcome it????....

E-Man. :)

AmberGbenga
12-12-2013, 04:25 PM
When I first heard anxiety Dosent get 'cured' I flipped out as one of my fears was dealing with this forever... I've had anxiety for awhile.. Mild anxiety.. But I recently got it severely but it's been almost 4 weeks since my first big attack and already I'm overcoming it.. Lucky for me I knew I had anxiety before it even hit hard.. So nothing really came of it.. I don't really think I have a heart condition or anything.. Sure while the attack is happening I think I'm dying but that's subsiding now.. I'm learning to deal with it and accept it.. Other people arnt so lucky and it takes them years.. Mine is sure to come back without gloves on but I'm prepared to take it on.. We all have good an bad days..

pinkfiles
12-12-2013, 08:38 PM
How long? This seems to be the question we ask ourselves when first, we cant take it anymore, and second we are ready to change. But its not about time. Of course things WILL get better, but its not like we can say : in 3 months it will be over . I've done so many efforts in the last year to manage my symptoms without medication, exercising, eating well, doing therapeutic yoga, seing a therapist, etc.. But still, when a stressful period or event arrives, its back to where i was at my worst. The only difference now is how i deal with it :)

v-lo
12-13-2013, 10:16 AM
My anxiety hit me in Feb of 2013 (sleepless, stomach pains, anxious 24/7). It took about a month before I began to feel some relief. Every month that has gone by since then, a layer of my anxiety has gone away. It has now been 10 months since then, and even though I get tiny waves of anxiety every now and then that last seconds (nothing compared to earlier this yr), I now feel like I'm in control. :)