PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone solve the mystery of my sudden panic and anxiety?

Tzigany
12-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Hello - I am so glad I have found this place. I hope someone can help me make sense of my feelings, because I feel so confused and close to despair right now.

Up until very recently our marriage has been a happy one. The last 2 years have been very stressful due to money worries but we've tackled it together and weathered through. But very recently I've started experiencing feelings of panic/anxiety which are mainly focused on my husband.

If I'm honest I feel deep down that many of our money worries are down to him because he runs his own business, and so he's the main breadwinner (I do work part time). He has made a few silly decisions and admits he hasn't been very productive for quite a long time, which affects our personal finances obviously. I always used to think of him as my rock, but now I almost feel he is a threat to me (and my personal stability/happiness) and feel panicky and anxious whenever he is around. This has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks and it just feels so horrible and is blighting my life.

I do feel anxious about lots of other elements in my life right now, but my husband is definitely the worst trigger for my anxiety. But I don't understand why? He is loving, we hardly argue, he is a good husband and father, so why do I feel so anxious whenever he's around? I've always loved him and loved being with him, but right now if he announced he was off on a round the world trip in 80 days I would just feel relief. I don't understand. Help!