PDA

View Full Version : New to forum.

kris123
12-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi all,
I have been suffering from anxiety for the past few weeks. Currently I am taking citalopram 10mg (day10 now) and Ativan .5mg three times a day. Would love to have some insight from people who are suffering as I am and also some success stories. I myself have beat anxiety several times so I know it is possible. It's just that it can be very isolating and frustrating when experiencing it acutely. So, some encouragement and reassurance would be helpful. Thanks.

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 04:20 PM
We are all here for the same reason, you arnt alone.. :) search through the forum and you will see how amazing this place is :)

kris123
12-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks. I think this seems like a good place for support. It's makes me feel less alone.

alankay
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
That med combo is good and I hope you either get good results from 10 mg or go up to 20 mgs over time. Hope your talking to a counselor/therapist as well. Alankay

kris123
12-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah. I actually met with a psychologist today. It was provided to me through work. I will continue to meet with her as I do see it as a positive experience even after one session. I recognize the improvement since starting the meds but it's still a battle everyday to try to stay in a positive mind frame and avoid the anxious thoughts that creep in. It is getting easier though.