PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to panic

JLBnole68
12-11-2013, 01:29 AM
A little background...I've been dealing with sinus/respiratory problems for 2 months now. I've been to the doc twice and taken 2 rounds of antibiotics, but the problems persist (head congestion, sore throat, drainage, coughing up stuff, chest congestion). I have tried everything recommended for relief, but nothing seems to be working. My doctor doesn't seem terribly concerned with helping, either. I don't know what to do and now I'm getting worried this will turn into something worse. It's 3 am and I'm up with chest pains, palpitations and shortness of breath. I'm really scared right now, enough to break down and cry. I've been dealing with it ok up until today, but the sharp pains in my chest have really got me worried. I'm trying to decide if it's just anxiety making things worse. That's the thing that sucks about anxiety. Always trying to decipher what might be a real health issue and what might just turn out to be panic. I don't want to go to the ER, but I'm seriously thinking I may need to. It sucks because I have no insurance and an ER trip is outrageously expensive. This post is rambling, but I'm trying to distract myself from the symptoms to see if it might be anxiety. Paying $1800 or more and having an emergency physician tell you it's just anxiety really sucks. Anyway, I'm really down right now. Could just use a little moral support. If you're reading this, I hope you're feeling much better than I do at the moment.

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Aww that's horrible.. That's what I hate about foreign counties.. The medical!! I get all mine free, bloody love Australia. Try have a hot shower and a glass if warm milk.. Might help calm you :( I'm sorry to hear your feeling so stressed

JLBnole68
12-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Yes, healthcare in the US is quite absurd. I am feeling a bit better, so I think I just got too worked up. I'm drinking some hot herbal tea and finding my calm place. Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. Believe it or not, that helps me tremendously.

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 02:14 AM
That's good, be kind to yourself mate.. We all have our times.. It will pass :)

Ashlee13x
12-11-2013, 02:24 AM
I really can relate to this! Try and get some air, I always find that helps or watch a film in bed or something like that to distract yourslef and hope that you fall asleep watching the film! The other night I did this, was really worried about my breathing (tight chest etc.) and laying there in silence listening to your thoughts go round and round just makes it worse, so I watched a film, ended up staying up till 6am until I finally fell asleep! Hope you're feeling better now!

fisher
12-11-2013, 04:35 AM
I am exactly the same at the moment,my anxiety has been great until i started with a bad cough and cold 2 weeks ago,my heart was going fast aswell and i was on a long day in work aswell,the next day i looked on the internet and sraight away pneumonia i convinced myself,my doctor said it wasnt chest inf but prescribed antibiotics anyway and said only take them if it doesnt clear so my cough has been really bad coughing up loads of phlem but i asked pharmacist in chemist symotoms and she said i have got chest inf,i keep sayin 2 weeks i have had this for,so i know how u feel,just time of yr u will get better and anxiety will subside x