PDA

View Full Version : so proud of my self

sazaroo
12-11-2013, 01:21 AM
I suffer with really bad argraphobia and anxiety, I really struggle leaving my house for the fear im going to have heart attack, I went and walked my dogs this morning at 7 this morning, I was petrafied but I did it :-) feeling really anxious now my left arm feels werid and heavy but I know thats just my anxiety playing tricks on me :-)

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 01:34 AM
GREAT JOB!! So proud of you hun, amazing work keep at it xx

Terre Nova
12-11-2013, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE="sazaroo;133240"]I suffer with really bad argraphobia and anxiety, I really struggle leaving my house for the fear im going to have heart attack, I went and walked my dogs this morning at 7 this morning, I was petrafied but I did it :-) feeling really anxious now my left arm feels werid and heavy but I know thats just my anxiety playing tricks on me :-)[/QUOTE

Thats awesome! :)

sazaroo
12-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Maybe I spoke to soon feeling quite anxious now :-(

JLBnole68
12-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Good for you! Each little victory should be celebrated. Just take it little steps at a time, and hopefully you'll find yourself spending more and more time out and about. I think part of conquering this crap is recognizing your achievements and being proud of each improvement. Just remember that left arm heaviness is nothing more than anxiety trying to tell lies to your mind and body. Shrug it off as best as you can and don't let it keep you from your next walk. Walking or any exercise is great for fighting anxiety. Keep up the good work! Proud of you. You'll find lots of support and encouragement here.

embrace123
12-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Congrats girl you did it!!

JLBnole68
12-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Maybe I spoke to soon feeling quite anxious now :-(

Find your inner calm and peace. Distract your mind with some activity. You can do this.

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 01:43 AM
You didn't speak to soon, you've put it in your head.. Now get it out and BE PROUD!! You did a good thing, an AMAZING thing.. You proved yourself wrong and pushed yourself.. We are all so proud and happy for you!! Don't let this anxiety steal your light, take it back.. Have a warm bath, relax.. Do something you love.. Smile and feel good for a moment.. You deserve it!!

sazaroo
12-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Good for you! Each little victory should be celebrated. Just take it little steps at a time, and hopefully you'll find yourself spending more and more time out and about. I think part of conquering this crap is recognizing your achievements and being proud of each improvement. Just remember that left arm heaviness is nothing more than anxiety trying to tell lies to your mind and body. Shrug it off as best as you can and don't let it keep you from your next walk. Walking or any exercise is great for fighting anxiety. Keep up the good work! Proud of you. You'll find lots of support and encouragement here.

Thank you means alot :-)

sazaroo
12-11-2013, 01:46 AM
You didn't speak to soon, you've put it in your head.. Now get it out and BE PROUD!! You did a good thing, an AMAZING thing.. You proved yourself wrong and pushed yourself.. We are all so proud and happy for you!! Don't let this anxiety steal your light, take it back.. Have a warm bath, relax.. Do something you love.. Smile and feel good for a moment.. You deserve it!!

Awww thank you hunnii :-) so kind

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Your very welcome Hun, just being honest :)

Enduronman
12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
YAY!!! Congratulations Sazzzz!!!! :)

sazaroo
12-11-2013, 07:53 AM
YAY!!! Congratulations Sazzzz!!!! :)

Thank you very much enduronman :-)

jessed03
12-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Don't worry about the anxiety that comes after this stuff. It's natural when doing a big thing like you did, that there will be a lot of tension and stress in your body. That usually shows a few hours later, or the next day. The more you learn to deal with a.) the facing your phobia and b.) not getting worried about the symptoms that may follow, the easier it all gets. Usually happens after a couple of goes!

After you've faced your phobia a handful of times, and you're less intimidated by it, there's obviously less stress, and less secondary symptoms that follow on later. That's the trick to beating it! Putting up with the anxious after effects without getting down about them!

I had a very similar issue when doing public speaking.

So yeah, it was a big win, well played, it takes huge guts! :)

sazaroo
12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Thank you jessed, its so great having ppl that dont know me speak so kind and positive so thank you alot :-)

tailspin
12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I suffer with really bad argraphobia and anxiety, I really struggle leaving my house for the fear im going to have heart attack, I went and walked my dogs this morning at 7 this morning, I was petrafied but I did it :-) feeling really anxious now my left arm feels werid and heavy but I know thats just my anxiety playing tricks on me :-)

That is awesome, sazaroo!!! Yay for you and Yay for your dogs!!! My dogs have got me through a lot of difficult times too!

Steven Daws
12-12-2013, 12:17 PM
That is fantastic, well done.

You have taken a major step in the right direction, you are going to feel anxious, but it didn't stop you and thats the best thing.

worriedmummy85
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Well done Hun your feeling anxious because you probably expected that to happen but you done such a brave thing and you have to remember that