PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive Thoughts & Eating?

Howdy
01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I've had Intrusive thoughts for a few months now it's seemed to gotten better in some aspects but lately I've only ate 1-2 small meals a day. I've noticed if I eat a big meal I have intrusive thoughts and usually end up throwing up because of the anxiety. Anyone else had this problem? Should I just keep eating and deal with the thoughts even though its difficult? I really miss eating hamburgers & pizza lol

joey9
01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I have noticed mine get worse when I am due a meal. I have read about links with blood sugar levels and it seems to fit with me. A little while after I have eaten things settle down a bit. I am now trying to eat a few small meals a day rather than fewer big ones. And I am trying to make sure I am eating slow release carbs to try to avoid sugar crashes. It seems to be going OK but I don't know how I would be feeling if I weren't doing this.

bluey
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
i dont really know if this is relevant but anxiety to me can be about alot of things one of them is about image and weight = naturally as a woman i guess.

i have in the past over eaten so much in anxiety where i felt absolutley anxious that i would get fat that i would on purpose throw up .. it releaced my anxiety and tension..

i was bulimic. Please tell me you are not.