PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and SVT- just need some encouragement

SSMommy
12-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I accidentally posted to agoraphobia board first

Hi everyone I'm new here and just feeling discouraged lately. I've had some health issues which were hiding within my anxiety diagnosis for quite a while. I had a significant surgery 12/28/2012 (Nuss Procedure) which had a very long healing time. It was done to give my heart more room. Needless to say over the last 5 months or so I slowly tapered my anti anxiety medications and zoloft. The Valium was no problem... I tapered slowly and had learned from experience to slowly come off. The zoloft was going pretty well but I did experience a lot of symptoms that I believe were attributed to it. I've now been off of zoloft for 3 months but about 3 weeks ago some familiar sensations came creeping in. I'm discouraged because I had hoped that once my health issue was fixed my anxiety would improve. I don't know that that is the case. I do have health anxiety so There is a part of me that always worries that my anxiety is something more.... Now I worry even more that I'm missing something because doctors were missing something before. I guess my question is has anyone had this experience where they were on medication and then didn't experience significant symptoms until a couple or few months after being off medication? I was on 50mg zoloft and tapered very slowly. Currently I am taking metoprolol ER succinate 50mg daily for SVT.... Very nervous to come off of that medication as it was one I was put on when I had heart arrythmia issues before my surgery. It's thought that now that I have more than an inch and a half between my spine and sternum, and heart is not compressed, the arrythmia could get better and I will not need them but the arrythmias were the scariest things that have ever happened to me therefore am very nervous to try going on with my life without them. Anybody else have SVT? I know anxiety can exacerbate it. I guess I'm just looking for other insight here, encouragement, knowledge, comfort.... Anything.

Thanks in advance for reading Becky