PDA

View Full Version : Good days & Bad Days

peza2013
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi all. just looking for thoughts from others about the fact that I seem to have good days and bad days, with the bad days having no noticeable differences to the bad days, but for some reason things feel worse. Today is one of the bad days.

Also, strangely enough, my anxiety seems to kick in at the same time every day... 4pm seems to be a real barrier and I cant tell why. Im not desperate to leave work, im not worried about the drive home, I have literally no idea what makes it kick in. Perhaps i get tired around that time?

Once it kicks in i cant seem to shift it until I get to sleep.

also for the record, I have started the Autocalm series yesterday, and did feel more relaxed. I watched the anxiety revolution videos and was gutted when the sales pitch came forth. But lets just say, You dont need to pay to get the auto calm stuff if you look hard enough.

Lee Grant Irons
12-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi peza,

Having it kick in like clockwork every day sounds like it might be associated with a hormone problem. Most body hormones have daily cycles. Most specifically, both cortisol and triiodothyronine can impact anxiety. The more likely culprit at 4:00 pm would be cortisol. Your daily cycle of cortisol levels can be impacted by long-term stress.