PDA

View Full Version : Im a new member, a little about me

babycristy
10-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone, I am not sure how this website works too well, but I am excited to have found such a site. Here is a little about myself so that anyone who reads my future posts understands who I am and where I come from. Ill make it simple, and only leave the facts.

I am 19 yr old, female
enrolled full time student, biology major
Part time worker, bridal sales
I live with mom, dad, brother,
I love my boyfriend that ive been with for over a yr and a half.

Now for the deeper stuff:
I realize now that I have had anxiety since I was a little girl.
I started having my first panic attack about 3 years ago, when I first smoked marijuana, got too high, and just had a very bad experience that has lead me from that point on to fall into depressive states, regular anxiety/panic attacks, emotional break downs, and recently agoraphobia. I am basically very exhausted by all the mental and emotional stress that anxiety has on my life. It is interfering with my college, my boyfriend, my family, my future, and my social life. I am just in need of some people to talk to who experience the same feelings as I do. And of course, learn about the best help there is out there.

Well Thank you all, I hope I get to learn a little bit more about how this forum works and I also wish that whoever on this site experiences any type of anxiety/panic/depression related things, to recover and eventually lead a normal life again!

brickyard_red
10-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Welcome babycristy! I'm so glad that your searching led you to this forum. You will be able to meet many other people that experience the same challenges that you are facing and I'm sure you will be able to learn a few things along the way also.

I hope to see you around again soon and again, WELCOME!

Cath :)

Bridgie
10-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Welcome Baby! I am, too, so glad you found the forum. It's been great talking to other people about similar problems. I hope you can find some advice that may point you in the right direction, or just if you need to vent, we are here for you as well!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vikki
10-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I found this website several weeks ago and it has saved my sanity. I hope you will also find a safe haven here.

Try not to let anxiety get in the way of your school. It is very important to your future. Have you talked to anyone else about the anxiety your experiencing?

I also had a bad drug experience that slowly lead to anxiety trying to take over in my life. I have come to realize that it wasn't just the drugs....I was never fully equipped to deal with all that life dealt me. Now, half way thru my life I am trying to break thru the layers of mis- beliefs that lead me here. I am not doing it alone tho...everyone needs a good therapist.

Vikki

shoe
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
babycristy,

welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see you've been contributing so much to it already - its really appreciated! thanks for joining =)

dan

arachnid
11-22-2005, 07:16 AM
Welcome babychristy! Glad you are here. What you describe is fairly common from what I have seen. Although weed is fairly tame, it often takes people where they might not otherwise want to go. But we are here to help, let us know what we can do!