PDA

View Full Version : Prozac?

ParanoidPenny
12-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Anyone had any help from Prozac? I think I'm going to ask my doctor for it today. I've had anxiety for 17 years, but now I'm also feeling a bit depressed.

Lee Grant Irons
12-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi Penny,

Feeling a bit depressed can be a normal feeling. So you don't necessarily need medicine. It could be that you just have a lot on your mind that is concerning you and you are feeling a little bit overwhelmed. So, what is going on in your life? There are a lot of people with a lot of years of life experience on this forum. :) I would certainly be willing to help you think through any of the problems that you might be having to deal with in your life right now.

Enduronman
12-09-2013, 07:25 AM
IMHO, prozac would always be my first line of defense or choice. Plus, it's like $4 around here. That's why it may be seldom prescribed, not enough cash flow. Also, it has been regarded as one of the AD's that don't increase anxiety and is also considered now to be one of, if not the most mild AD. A great place to start.

If you've got insurance, then also the abilify is friggin awesome and can work very quickly. Unlike AD's that of which may take weeks to reach levels of concentration.,

Ask for an anti-anxiety med while your in there too, some Doc's aren't as understanding or willing to help but it doesn't hurt to ask. A benzo would be really nice to help break this 17 YEAR illness...Some people do well on buspar, BUT it is not the right choice for people who have panic. If both of those fail, then ask for hydrox hcl. It's an anti-histamine WITH anti-anxiety ability.

Bingo!

Have a great day ParanoidPenny!

ParanoidPenny
12-09-2013, 09:21 AM
You're spot on Lee. I do have a lot going on in my head and it's driving me nuts. Don't feel comfortable putting it on the internet, but thank you so much for the offer!
I called the doc and he is all booked up today :( I travel for work and will be leaving tomorrow so.......

Lee Grant Irons
12-09-2013, 11:21 AM
You're spot on Lee. I do have a lot going on in my head and it's driving me nuts. Don't feel comfortable putting it on the internet, but thank you so much for the offer!
I called the doc and he is all booked up today :( I travel for work and will be leaving tomorrow so.......

That is completely understandable that you don't wish to advertise all of your problem. LOL However, I can give you some tools to help you start sorting through them on your own. If you would join the Sane Life group on this website (http://anxietyforum.net/forum/group.php) (clicking on this link will take you to a page where you can join the Sane Life group), you will find chapter 2 of my book titled "SANE - Solve Your Problems, Achieve Your Goals, Save Your Life" which I just posted there for people to read, use, and discuss. I have been helping learn how to use these methods, solve their problems, and improve their happiness. So, I welcome you to join the group. I really think it could help you.

You can also jump right to my projects blog where I have published an early editorial release of this chapter by clicking here (http://leeirons.blogspot.com/2013/12/sane-chapter-2-free-falling.html).

By the way, Chapter 1 of my book can be found on my SANE Book Blog (click on this link) (http://sane-book.blogspot.com/), if you first wish to read about my own experience with problems.