PDA

View Full Version : Help! Has This Been Heard Of??

janey
12-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I know this is going to sound weird, but there has been something really bothering me lately. When I think about what makes me anxious, I get this tingly sensation in my...girl area...and it makes me sick to my stomach and worried that I like what I'm anxious about. I don't really want to talk about what it is...But I just want reassurance or something that I don't like what I'm anxious about and that maybe someone else has heard of or had this symptom?

Enduronman
12-08-2013, 08:55 PM
I see it all the time. I read it all the time. The mind will send "anxious" signals to whatever area it is, that the brain is focusing on or thinking about. That's why, oddly enough, whenever people worry, fret, concern, about their heart, arm, finger, toe, head, those areas seem to respond obviously via that thought/signal/message/nerve pathways...It's normal. Think about the holidays instead....:)

E-Man.

JudJud
12-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I think I know what your talking about & no don't worry, you don't like what your anxious about if you did it wouldn't make you feel sick, if I'm right this is just another form of OCD, where you over think something that isn't true. I could be soo wrong with what your actually talking about lol but if I'm right then try not to worry about it ok :)

tailspin
12-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I think you can definitely have sexual feelings about something without actually wanting it to happen in reality. It's kind of like sometimes women might have rape fantasies. But they don't actually want to be raped in real life. In fact, they might even be really terrified of being raped in real life and worry about it a lot. But, at the same time, they might also have this fantasy. But that's the point. It's just a sexual [B]fantasy[/b. Perhaps they might act it out with their partner or they might just fantasize about some handsome dude of their choosing being overcome with desire for them. Or whatever. The point is, it's completely different from actually wanting to be raped in reality.

So even if you are having sexual feelings if you think about something that makes you anxious, it doesn't mean that you really want that thing to happen.

Sorry if I've gone off on a weird tangent. I did want to try and reassure you though!

jessed03
12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I guess we're all scared of that Yale thing Janey.

You know... the Yale thing.

Being a closet homosexual and doing loads of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

Secret desires we are worried might be there, repressed.

I somehow can't imagine you with repressed desires: 'I'm Mrs Janey Bateman. I'm into, uh, murders and executions mainly'. Doesn't seem to fit.

Meeeee on the other hand.

Well, I would tell you more about me, but...

I have to return some video tapes ;)