PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondria

khar
12-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Hello,
I am a 22 year old female with severe anxiety/panic/hypochondria. Every time I think something is wrong with me, I panic. My birthday was 2 days ago and I spent most of the day panicking.

Anyway. Ever since I was born, I've had a birthmark on my face. But it only shows up if I am hot or nervous. Today I noticed when I was panicking that I also had a red bridge across my nose and cheeks that comes and goes and I immediately thought I had lupus. Could this be anxiety related? I am so tired of googling symptoms. If it can be anxiety related, does anyone have any suggestions about how to calm down/how to stop googling symptoms? Thank you so much.

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Khar,

The only thing I found that enabled me to realize that I was not dying was that I did not die. LOL It took a couple of years. Then I was sick and tired of still feeling sick and having depression and anxiety, so I got mad. I found that anger at my situation was a big motivator for helping me figure out how to get better. Did it stop me from googling. No. But it did help me get smarter about what information I was lookig for and why. At the same time, I found a good primary care doctor who was willing to work with me on a plan to get diagnosed and get well.

I am guessing that there is more to this than just anxiety. Life is rough. If you would like, I can help you think through things and sort out what is happening in your life.